Grain alcohol

Can someone help me understand grain alcohol in herbal tinctures, specific to how it fits into keto land.

There are no carbs in there but I know that the body uses alcohol the same way it uses carbs, so… I’m thinking it might make things funky.

Since we are talking about herbal tinctures here, we’re talking about under a teaspoon at a time. One of my doses is about 1/2 a teaspoon and the other is even less but I take it three times a day.

I took my tincture a good 1/2 an hour before eating this morning an I did notice low blood sugar shakiness. Its the first time I’ve noticed being shaky in that low blood sugar kind of way since I started this. I didn’t think there was enough alcohol in that squirt of grain alcohol to make a difference, but I guess I was wrong.

I’ve heard liquor pauses ketosis for the alcohol to process. Not sure about the exact science but at that amount you probably should not worry about it. Many people drink several full sized drinks without problems.
The latest study is that no alcohol is good for you but it is shaky science. Hopefully it deters some binge drinking, but like anything moderation is key.