Got a compliment today

(Brian) #1

Walked in to where my wife works today and got a very nice compliment!

“You look like you’re just withering away!”

I guess I do kinda look like I’m withering away. My “skinny clothes” are saggy and baggy already, and I’ve not been wearing them but for just a few months.

The actual scale moves kinda slow these days, and I suppose that’s to be expected. But it’s still moving in the right direction and the size of me continues to shrink. I never did take measurements at the beginning of the journey but I do still have clothes from then. One day I’ll have to take some pictures.

(Vladaar Malane) #2

LoL, that is AWESOME!! I have a buddy at work that sometimes says, man someone get this guy a sandwich!! Things like that just make your day.

(Sophie) #3

Bravo!!! Well Done!!! :clap::clap::clap:

(Ellen) #4

Go you! That’s pretty damn good :wink:

(Karen) #5

Congratulations on your loss! Feels good, to get healthy.

K

(Brian) #6

Thanks so much for the kind words!

Like I mentioned, the actual weight loss has slowed pretty dramatically. I’ve only lost 7 or 8 pounds since November. But that’s also Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, and Valentine’s Day.

Since I only have about 30 pounds to go, I’m figuring it will probably take the rest of this year to get there. And honestly, I’m good with that. My body is reorganizing and restructuring itself from a couple of decades of not so good living. I’ve got time.

I’ve been told that the last fat to come off is the most stubborn so I’m mentally in this for the long haul. And since it’s more about being healthy than a number on a scale, it takes away much of the stress and worry.

So I’ll KCKO. :slight_smile: … and maybe get a smile from the occasional comment from someone who knew the old fat guy I used to be.

(Carolus Holman) #7

Awesome! I am happy for you, any positive comments help, and posting here helps us all!

(Allan L) #8

Congrats. My mother told me I was too thin the other day, “You’ve not seen me naked” was my reply. :slight_smile:

(Mike Glasbrener) #9

Lol. Unfortunately our society is calibrated for a fatter profile.

My husband told me yesterday that the pants I had worn to work made me look like I had no rear end…:heart: So today I grabbed a pair one size smaller, and they are sliding off my hips… I guess I’ll try another size down tomorrow… if they are also too loose, I will need to go shopping…