Good DR visit

(Adam ) #1

I started keto with out talking to my Dr. I know bad bad but for the last month or so I stopped taking my blood pressure meds because they were making me sick but I kept an eye on my bp so that it didn’t go to high well yesterday I finally went to the Dr and he said my bp looks great so don’t take it and whatever I was doing to keep doing it.

(Susan) #2

That is awesome, Adam. Keep up the great work, best wishes on your continued Keto journey!

I went to the doctor in January as mine was over 200 and he was going to put me on meds, and I haven’t been back since… but I bought the machine in January and have been monitoring it and it is normal now. I will go to him when I have lost a lot, I have only lost 48 pounds so far.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #3

I don’t think we need our doctor’s permission to eat properly Adam, well done. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Adam ) #4

We don’t need their permission but it makes you feel good when you do have their blessing lol

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5

True Adam, I have several doctors behind my efforts but I didn’t ask them first. I just told them what I had been doing that was making changes they could see, and they were onboard. I’m not sure what some of them would have said if I asked their opinion first. Basically I see it as what doctor in his right mind would say it’s a bad idea to give up sugar, and processed foods and oils? It’s only a baby step more to KETO. My doctor might have recommended a low fat and low calorie diet. But I needed to correct my developing diabetes quick because I take prednisone and it was coming on quick and hard. Like one month normal BG and the next diagnosed as diabetic. Went right past pre diabetes in one month. I didn’t feel my doctors were offering much other than drug bandaids. I believed I could fix it by cutting out sugar. Went hard core Full Metal and kicked my diabetes to the curb and have lost 55 lbs in a year, I am healthier now than in 30 years at 60. :cowboy_hat_face: