Gonna start my 7 days water fasting, I need motivation, please?

(Cindy Tan) #1

I really want to do water fasting but I can’t, I always fail. What to doooo?

(Allie) #2

What’s the longest you’ve gone when you’ve tried, and why weren’t you able to keep going?

(Cindy Tan) #3

4 days, I think? There’s a lot of food. I can’t control myself from eating tho,

(Carl Keller) #4

Fasting is as much about maintaining mental control as it is about physical hunger, to me anyway. If you are fat-adapted, your body can run quite long without needing food and it’s the battle of the clock (times where we are used to eating) that is hardest to defeat. The good news is it gets easier, the more you do it.

Much like running long distance, it can’t be expected that you can run a marathon (26.2 miles) with minimal training. It takes lots of 5 and 10 mile runs to help increase your endurance and mental fortitude. WIth that being said, try to get good at 3 day fasts and maybe a future 7-day won’t be as difficult as you imagine,

(Cindy Tan) #5

4 day water fast is my longest so far, I wanna try 7 days now hoping I could have some self control and support too.

(Carolyn aka stokies) #6

I would suggest aiming for 5 days… then 6… then 7… if needed. It’s like a muscle - more you practice, the better you get at it. Don’t stress yourself either, because that will counteract the effects you are seeking… imho…

(Carl Keller) #7

Lots of fasting folks encouraging each other and such in monthly fasting threads. Here’s the latest one:

Hope this helps.

(Cindy Tan) #8

Thank youuu!