Gonna challenge myself to coffee without the sweetener (tomorrow... lol)

(Jane Srygley) #41

I put it in with the coffee when I brew it so I just get the flavor. With all the spices I add, it’s maybe 1 teaspoon altogether…? Probably not quite the much but I don’t measure. But again, I just let the water go through them and the coffee. I drink it black that way and really enjoy it!

that’s cool! :slight_smile: I probably won’t add it, although that does sound good! Eventually I do want to stop using spices - right now I use a garlic/onion/salt spice-mix on my hamburger patties, and I know those things aren’t terrible, but I would love to get myself down just to salt, and eliminate even more plant-based stuff. I know for a fact my dark chocolate will be the very last to go. If ever. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

all done with my coffee, and YEAH… this (just coffee + cream) is a keeper. Definitely gonna continue this way without the sweetener. I wonder if it will help even more-so ignore the rebel ice cream that’s in the freezer which my husband gets to enjoy. :joy:

A purist 100% carnivore will say drop coffee and not usually gear toward spices…but the general thoughts are coffee is ok if you do well on it and don’t overdo.

One worry on coffee is it can take your appetite down lower…in that when you think you should have some breakfast and eat some meats, you decide to sub coffee as your meal and for some this is an appetite suppressant…where a lot of carns say eat the meat and forget the coffee :slight_smile: but it does come down to personal choice on that.

and spices again are fine in that they are not food. A spice is a condiment and they are covered as…if ya do ok on them it is cool to use some to ‘spice up your life’ and enjoy!!

Your cool!!

Oh I sure tried a few times :slight_smile: I would make a decadent overly creamed up coffee and sip…done. I hate the coffee taste. Just so icky to me. Maybe just some warmed up cream with water might make me happy LOL I don’t know LOL

it is a purist carnivore and a more social carnivore. Purist won’t do a lot of things. A 100% carnivore from the newer sect will allow spice cause it is not food but not at the detriment of taking away your appetite for meat…or they don’t do well on some spice etc. or don’t ‘overdo’.

It boils down to a reasonable ‘whatever’ it takes on limits that suit you and keep you as close to carnivore at all times without taking away from the carnivore benefits :slight_smile:

That is such an interesting point. i’ve been wondering if I’m eating enough, because I definitely do not eat more than 1.5 pounds of meat… and sure that might be all well and fine, but I question it since other people eat so much more. But I’m not hungry for more.

yea it is all about eating on carnivore in that an appetite suppressant can happen from that decandent heavy whipping cream coffe :slight_smile: and I get that but for some they never want to do that…more purist in their thinking…but it does boil down to a choice and if you ever want to experiment and such down the line ya can…try to drop coffee later and see if your appetite increases or whatever…again just a way ya might wanna roll on your personal journey.

But appetite will lower a lot on Carnivore. As we heal and our bodies function so much better, we will just not need that much food to maintain that level of fitness………but if you feel you are getting more tired, more lower in energy and such…….always think EAT!!! the fresh meat and fat comes first in your life and drop other things you might be using like ‘packaged meats like deli cuts’, pre-made things like sausages etc…and drop any coffee or whatever and just put that best focus on big old fresh cuts of fattier meats. A lot of us feel a change as we eat less and eat less optimal with packaged stuff and find at some point we say…wow…back to basics. Big old fatty steak and just eat the world in that and we improve immediately.

on the:

Carnivores won’t touch this. Even us a little more laxed type that easily allows coffee and spice. We really don’t want fake sweeteners…ever and it is best to drop them plus when you see the ingredients…….monk fruit!! SUGAR and sunflower lecithin, and coconut oil and more. And they play that game of ‘net carbs’, ugh. This just is never on a carnivores radar truly. This really goes into the Keto category of plans cause it is a food. Something you eat as a food. So our foods are meat/seafood and a bit of dairy if wanted…this Keto concoction just doesn’t fit into carnivore but if one is tip toeing in and out of carnivore then I can see it being used…but with carnivore being that ‘ultimate elimination’ menu that one seeks to find how well they do and what might be allowed back etc…it is best to drop things like this as fast as you can.
Ingredients from one of them…
Ingredients : Cream, Water, Erythritol, Chocolate Flakes (Coconut Oil, Cocoa, Erythritol, Sunflower Lecithin, Salt, Dutched Cocoa, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Monk Fruit), Chicory Root Fiber, Dutched Cocoa, Egg Yolks, Vegetable Glycerin, Milk Protein Isolate, Butter, Salt, Peruvian Carob Gum, Guar Gum, Monk Fruit, Sunflower Lecithin. Contains: milk, egg, coconut

Oh yeah for sure the rebel ice cream is a gonner for me! :heavy_multiplication_x::heavy_multiplication_x::heavy_multiplication_x::skull:

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #50

To help make a better coffee - to your preference.

[EDIT] Also, if you add sugar/sweetener to your coffee to hide the bitter/acid flavours, consider cold brewing. Much less of the components that cause acidity and bitterness make it into a cold brewed coffee. And you can easily control exactly how much by controlling the cold brewing time. So check it out. You could start here.

There are huge differences between coffee and coffee. I hate most of them, I can’t stand bitter things… It took some time to find MY coffee, it’s not particularly bitter and well, not amazing, just nice. I love the flavor of coffee. But if I happen to make it stronger I am used to, it’s bitter and not drinkable. So I need to make it weak enough too.
And there’s my SO who drinks coffee about 2-3 times a year and he is happy with that. I would drink less coffee myself, it’s not even that amazing, I am just used to it and like it and well, it doesn’t particularly affect me, it’s just like spices, I like the taste. But it has warmth (still, I prefer coffee over tea for some reason. and I love tea).
Coffee is popular but it’s fine never to drink it, you have your own enjoyable items.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #52

See my previous post to yours. There is absolutely no need to drink ‘bitter’ coffee or to mask the bitterness and acidity with sugar/sweetener. There is also no need to chase exotic brands searching for that special one that happens to cost $10 per oz. Of course, you can do that if you want to. One of the beauties of coffee: having total control over what gets into your cup, including the bean or grind. Exotic coffees have maybe a 10% effect. It’s 90% brew method that determines the taste and quality of what you drink. Yes, you can make the most exotic and expensive coffee taste like crap and grocery store ground coffee taste delicious if you learn how to do it. Plus, it’s a lot of fun to experiment! :slightly_smiling_face:

I tried cold brewing. I don’t know if I did it right but I disliked it and lost interest. But I usually drink one of the cheapest instant coffee anyway :smiley: The not bitter one. I tried to drink normal coffee (even cheaper), they weren’t bitter but usually tasted pretty bad and involved lots of work (I didn’t try expensive ones, I’m poor, coffee is unneeded and I drink so much I spend a lot on it even using cheap ones. I try to skip coffee but it’s not among the biggest problems in my life so let me keep it for now).
I love to experiment with things but I have already spent too much time on something like coffee. I want my not bitter coffee in half a minute, without work. I have high standards about various things but coffee isn’t one of them. I understand it’s important for some people as good tea is important for me.
Art of brewing isn’t something I want to learn, I depend on the quality/taste of my ingredients and my basic knowledge of making my drink (I mean tea, I just pour some warm/hot water into my coffee cup).

Maybe I should just drink water, that’s cheap and simple :smiley: I do that a lot, though…