Going out to a sit down Diner in an hour, need some Keto option suggestions please

(Mike) #1

I am going out to a diner to sit down for a nice family dinner, and I am looking for some quick menu suggestions from people, if they happen to see this in the next hour or so. It’s the standard diner. Thanks

(Robert C) #2

Steak, substitute any mashed potatoes for a side salad or steamed vegetables (which you cover in butter). Ask for blue cheese topping on the steak.

(Mike) #3

Was thinking about a steak or Cobb/Chef salad. Blue cheese dressing may not be good, right?

(Robert C) #4

I was talking about actual blue cheese crumbled on the steak as a topper. Almost all salad dressing are suspect but if you can get away with using a very small amount (a tablespoon vs. the quarter cup they usually supply), doesn’t matter much.

(Scott) #5

Most blue cheese dressing is good and low carb but you may get a chance to see the bottle. I always go with blue cheese as some vinaigrettes have some sugar added. Any meat works, no bread and no root veggies.

(Michelle) #6

Ask if they use actual butter. I don’t do it, but a fellow ketoer keeps butter in her purse!
Easy - meat (steak, pork chop, chicken, salmon) with steamed vegetables. Side salad with blue cheese.

(Mike) #7

Tempted to try a smoked Salmon omelette with cheese. I like salmon, and omelettes, never had them together, LOL sounds a bit gross

(Scott) #8

Salmon on the salad is tasty.

(Cindy) #9

If you get an omelette, make sure they make them from real eggs. Some places will add flour to the egg to make the omelette fluffier.

You can also get a hamburger and just ignore the bun. Get veg instead of french fries. Get a double burger with cheese if you’re really hungry. :wink:

Just think meat and veg and you should be ok.

(Amanda) #10

I ask for olive oil and vinegar/lemon juice on the side; then I can make my own.

(Mike) #11

Thanks for the replies & suggestions. I wound up ordering a chef salad w/ oil & vinegar. I did cheat and stole one of my Son’s mozzarella sticks :grinning: All in all, I felt filled up, and confident that I had a relatively low carb dinner.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #12

Salmon cream cheese and green onions in an omelette, YUMMY :yum:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #13

Really, I have spent my life in food service (several years cooking in a breakfast/lunch cafe as well) and I have never heard of adding flour to an omelette unless we’re talking crepes here. I’ll have to not try that!:wink: A bit of water added to eggs steams up and makes them fluffy.

Seriously though I am more concerned that they might be using ready cracked eggs from a 5 gallon bucket from some restaurant supplier. Those can have carbs in them as well as a slew of chemicals.

(Cindy) #14

Maybe it’s a southern thing, but we have at least 1 chain restaurant specializing in breakfast that routinely puts pancake batter in their eggs. :frowning: So not really flour…I was being lazy and didn’t want to type pancake batter. LOL

(Full Metal KETO AF) #15

:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

Mike
I usually save eating fried mozzarella sticks (with marinara sauce) until I’m ready for a nice carb feast out and make a whole appetizer my main meal for a week. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: