Gofundme started to help caregiver with car! Help MonsterJuice!

community

This is probably a stupid question, but have you checked craigslist and Facebook yard sale pages in your area? Are there any churches that might help?

(Ashley) #42

Yep I been checking the heck out of Craigslist

(Ashley) #43

Going to check out a car tomorrow! Itā€™s a certified dealership! $1700 which is exactly how much I have right now! Hoping it pans out! 130,000 miles on it. May need a little work here or there but 100% drivable right now. Will let you guys know tomorrow how it works out!

My fingers are crossed :crossed_fingers:

(Ashley) #45

My only concern is it is a rebuilt car, but itā€™s had full inspection and has been deemed road worthy.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #46

Good luck!! Tell us all about it tomorrow!

(Ashley) #47

Will do, my biggest concern is why are they selling it for $1700. If itā€™s because itā€™s rebuilt, then fine! Most time insurance companies will only do plpd on them, but itā€™s not that big of a deal considering itā€™s used and rebuilt anyways. But originally they wanted $3500. Im hoping theyā€™ve just realized that arenā€™t going to get they when itā€™s a rebuilt title! I got it carfaxed and it says it was rebuilt last year and got a 63 point inspection and passed road safety testing. But I am wondering if they even check out anything other than structural with that!

(Ashley) #48

. this is what I am going to look at. It needs new tires! Needs a bit of cosmetic work (which is fine) just leery still with the price. Hoping itā€™s as sound as they are making it out to be. Itā€™s a Serra dealership and the reviews online everyone seems really happy with them on used cars. 700+ reviews and 4.5 out of 5 stars. Which is why I feel more comfortable checking it out! We will see how it goes! I donā€™t mind having some work to do on it, as long as itā€™s drives in the meantime!

(Ellen) #49

Fingers crossed for you Ash!

(Ashley) #50

Thank you! Iā€™m always nervous buying used cars as even if you get it mechanically checked (this one has been) things can still happen quickly with used cars!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #51

YES, was in this same boat, but luckily I knew someone selling their Nissan Altima so I scooped that up right quick. I hope that it goes well for you, Ash. Sucks to not have a car.

(Ashley) #52

Yeah I saw that! Looks like a nice car! Glad you got a good deal on it too! As long as it runs and doesnā€™t die on me in the next few months and I can save up some money then Iā€™ll be golden! Just the Iā€™ll sell it for $1700 but wanted $3000+ has me nervous!

(Ashley) #53

I can officially say I bought the car! It does need some fixing, needs new tires and a few cosmetics that I can work on! Tires are still drivable, just needs changing soon! Needs a lot of cleaning! They changed the oil and gased it up! Just want to say a big thank you to everyone that has helped me along the way <3

(Little Miss Scare-All) #54

w00t w00t!!! This is fabulous, Iā€™m so happy for you. Youā€™re now mobile! Good luck with it!!

(Ashley) #55

Thank you! Feels damn awesome to be able to drive again!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #56

Soooo know what you mean. We were in a similar boat. You donā€™t realize how much being able to get places is awesome, when itā€™s suddenly taken away lol.

(Ellen) #57

Huzzah! Great news Ash.

(Ashley) #58

Yes lol! Having to txt ppl ask for a ride sucked!!!