Giving 2017 a Sweet-Free Start

(Jacquie) #21

Sugar was my crack, too! Nothing was ever too sweet. Glad you’re joining us. :slight_smile:

(Linda Evans) #22

I need to give this a try. My sweetener use has been slowly increasing and I’ve put a few pounds back on over the last 4 weeks. I attributed it to the holidays but deep down, I know this is what I need to do. I’m in.

(rawethe) #23

I feel like I have all the benefits listed, even using sweetener. BUT, I am going to do an adrenal detox Jan, which includes no sweeteners, so I’m in! Also no caffeine and no dairy. I may live. We’ll see. :flushed::laughing:

(Justin Blow) #24

I’m in for the challenge as well. Great idea!

(melinda) #25

I personally can’t stomach offal!

(Jodi) #26

I’m going to try to squeeze some in. I have a grinder and I’m going to add small amounts of liver and heart to my ground beef.

(Jodi) #27

I’ll join in here too, if you don’t mind, since I’m also doing the ZC challenge. The holidays brought in more sweeteners than I like.

(Terri) #28

@Kimber I dislike the bitterness of coffee too, and before Paleo and now Keto, I used to add tons of creamer and sweetener to mask the taste. One thing that has helped me a lot with this is that I mostly make cold brew coffee now–much less acidic. I make a big batch of cold brew concentrate and then heat up individual servings. I have a Toddy system but you can make it without any coldbrew system.

(jketoscribe) #29

ZC on just muscle meat???

I noticed sweetener-creep after Thanksgiving. I was craving sweet foods even when I knew I wasn’t hungry. Out they go!

(melinda) #31

Yup. Offal isn’t necessary. I’ll take a vitamin and whatnot too.

(Angela F Murphy) #32

Sweetner intake really up over the holidays and weight slightly up as well. So this will be good. Definitely in!

(Meeping up the Science!) #33

Most of the ZC crowd eats muscle meat. A few of us eat offal, but the majority do not. I actually tend not to when busy, since it’s much easier to cook up cheap batches of non-offally stuff where I’m at.

(Cathy Schroder) #34

I think that the fact that I really don’t want to do this, tells me that I need to. When I started Keto I cut out all sweet foods but recently discovered the joys of sugar free jelly and fat bombs. I am eating too much jelly!! I worried that this could escalate into wanting sweeter and sweeter foods.

So count me in for January.

(jketoscribe) #35

Jelly or jello? “Sugar free” jelly is full of natural sugars, not even remotely keto. Sugar free Jello is full of artificial sweeteners. Technically keto, but not real food. Anyway, yes, wanting to cling to sweets is a sign it’s time to let them go. Fighting that battle with myself right now as I contemplate it.

(Cathy Schroder) #36

Sugar free jelly. I think you call it jello in America. It doesn’t affect my glucose levels or weight loss.

(Stephanie Pratt) #37

I like that you are choosing 1 thing to focus on at a time. I think I am going to use this strategy because too much at once overwhelms me. :scream:

(mindhunter88) #38

Regarding the bitterness in coffee, I have recently learned adding salt to the grounds prior to brewing helps this considerably!!

(mindhunter88) #39

Completely agree! Also, I want to make sure I can link the stall to the food/drink/habit that is the reason for the stall…thinking about going dairy free for a month, followed by intermittent fasting, followed by eating organic, for 30 days each, the month therafter…

(Jacquie) #40

Decided to get an early start with the challenge as the timing felt right. I’ve been AS free for three days and so far so good. The problem area for me, in the past, was immediately after dinner, wanting some kind of sweet treat. I usually don’t eat anything after 6pm. I was raised where there was always dessert with dinner. What worked for me in the past to change this behaviour was brushing my teeth after dinner. I’d do this until I didn’t feel the need for sweet. Last time I was AS free for a year. Works for me! :smile: