Give it more time?

(Megan) #21

Hi again Kjan, one more thing. There is a difference between entering ketosis and being keto adapted or fat adapted. The former happens quickly, the latter takes a good chunk of time. How much time varies person to person but it’s unlikely you’re there after 5 weeks.

Uodate: so that’s me 6.5 weeks in, I’m down another 2 lbs. So I’m assuming I’ve lost 4 pounds of proper fat because it’s taken its time to come off and it seems to be staying off! So I thought to myself, I’d much rather loose 4lbs of fat than 10lbs of a mixture of water weight and fat and not knowing which is which.
So I’m motivated to keep going.
I’ve tried keto before and got that water weight loss straight away (as in 8lbs down in 10 days) so I was disheartened this hadn’t happened this time, but I’m actually preferring a gradual loss with it actually staying off.
This WOE is really suiting me now and I cant imagine going back to how I was before. I’m actually thinking about how to tailor my Christmas Dinner!!
I’ll update again in a few weeks but I always find the threads on here frustrating when no one updates their progress after initially saying the haven’t had a loss!!

(Laurie) #23

I’m glad you’re doing well. Yes, the subsequent times aren’t always the same as the first time.

(Megan) #24

Good to hear from you again Kjan. Finding a way of eating that is really suiting you is a great thing. Looking forward to you next update.