Giant Zucchini - What do I do with it?`

(Bacon, Not Stirred) #1

Okay, so I have this zucchini. I’m not joking when I say that it’s probably 6" wide, 24" long and weighs in at a good 3 to 4 pounds. I want to use it up, but I’m just afraid to cut into it because I don’t want to waste it.

I know about zoodles, zucchini chips and the like, but give me some more suggestions!

(Dave Wells) #2

Zuchinni Parmesan! Much like eggplant parmesan, but with giant zucchini.

Make a breading out of pork rinds, parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper. Dip in egg wash, then in breading. Lightly brown in butter, then bake in oven for about 10 minutes with marinara and mozzarella.

(Bacon, Not Stirred) #3

Oh, @KetoBandito that just made me very happy. That sounds fantastic. Sort of like zucchini fries, but better.

(Dave Wells) #4

@katiea I had the same problem once with a zucchini I had left in my garden for too long. It was the size of a large eggplant, so I thought…why not? Turned out great!

Zucchini Tots?

imagehttp://thefithousewife.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Low-Carb-Zucchini-Tots.jpg

Low Carb Zucchini Tots

(Jennifer) #6

When they get that big, they “can” get bitter, but I think it is the seeds that are more developed that cause it. I would cut the seeds out and shred it - you can freeze it in serving sizes.

My favorite thing to make is fritters. Yum!

(Stickin' with mammoth) #7

Shred, mix with Italian sausage and Parmesan, shape into patties, and fry. Serve on a thick slice of tomato. And tell me when to come over.

(Julie Harold) #8

thank you, thank you. I’ve been searching for this one :slight_smile:

(Ken) #9

You can also take half and stuff it with a nice Italian meat-cheese- tomato-herb mixture. When they get that big the skin is a little tough so I peel them and wrap in parchment paper before baking.

(Doug) #10

:smile: This thread title - my eternal inner teenager always laughs.

We always make vegetable curry from big zucchinis :slight_smile: Zucchini is just a perfect base for it.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #12

I was just going to say . . . :rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Butter Withaspoon) #13

You don’t have to eat a giant zucchini all at once. You can keep half in the fridge for 4 or 5 days at least.

I’ll remember this thread for late summer :laughing:

(Ken) #14

I just had my last Zuke of the season today. In an Italian onion and tomato stir fry with lots of garlic, herbs and olive oil.

(Robin) #15

@PaulL @OldDoug
Uh, yeah… that’s what she said.

(Wendy) #16

Zucchini casserole! Yum!! 8x8 glass casserole dish. Layer
Zucchini, and cheese. Then mix about 6 to 8 eggs, pour over top. Add more cheese. Salt and pepper.
Place in oven 375 for about 45mins. Or until brown. Super tasty!!! And totally Keto friendly!

Cut it into steaks and grill them.

you can cut it up into zoodles chip shape grated for egg cups etc. then freeze it in bags so you can have zoodles and chips in January.