Getting out all the carbs

(Brenna) #1

I have not gotten out all the carbs and not on purpose either. Sigh.

I didn’t realize the peanutbutter or sunbutter had sugar in it. Then I couldn’t find any no sugar added chocolate. And … yeah so I’m getting more carbs in than I thought. Then I gave in and ate carbs today.

I am feeling a little disappointed in myself. Especially since it should of been obvious.

You horrible, horrible, utterly despicable person. How dare you eat a carb … or two, or three, or 10 or …

Go in a corner and flagellate yourself.

And don’t comeback to this forum until you’ve lost 10 more pounds.

Bad ketoer, bad girl … I oughta rub your nose in a puddle of carbs and swat you with the newspaper’s grocery ad section.

Bad, bad Brenna.

Feel better now? Beat yourself up today. But Keto on tomorrow.

It’s called life, girl.

(Robert C) #3

This is called earning wisdom through experience.

You could not have earned it if you didn’t try in the first place.

You can leave it on the table or pick it up and use it.

Up to you.

We’ve all been there. The difference is realising that failing a little isn’t a dealbreaker, it’s what you do after that counts. Brush the dirt off your scraped knee and get back on the bike (and by all means keep the training wheels on a bit longer if it helps). :slight_smile:

(Carl Keller) #5

A bad day on keto beats a good day on the SAD. At least you are wiser from the experience.

(Keto butts drive me nuts) #6

I found out not to assume anything!!! Checking all the time now.

(Running from stupidity) #7

Tracking is your friend and teacher.

(Diane) #8

Yep, I started eating ketogenically on 9/16/2017. It just took me three weeks of tracking to drop my net carbs per day under 20 grams! It wasn’t until I tracked everything (EVERY bite of everything) for those 3 weeks that I figured out what I could and couldn’t eat to maintain my net carbs within those limits.

I was dropping weight rapidly, but I have no idea if I was actually in ketosis during those first 2 weeks since I had no way of measuring. But it was part of my process/progress. We all live and learn… hopefully. And here I am about a year and a half later, hanging in there. You can do this!

Beware of sugar free Chocolate chips from Herseys, they have a boat load of carbs in them.

(Brenna) #10

Ok. I think I’ll just stick with the powder then? Like for the coconut-peanutbutter-chocolate fat bombs.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #11

It’s not too different really whether it’s natural carbs and sugar or added sugar because net carbs = sugar for the most part, sugar is sugar. Whether your body converts a carb or if it’s natural sugar in the vegetable/fruit I think. Some things carbs cause more of an insulin spike I guess but if you’re down to <20 carbs and mostly getting that from green vegetables the other stuff left will be minimal. It’s just my opinion but I have never done a fat bomb, only made keto treats once on Christmas Eve this last year and I keep nuts mostly raw and minimal because they are easy to overdo it with. Most recommend 1-2 oz per day max on a regular basis anyway. Nutbutter and nuts do have carbs without adding sugar and 2T of p-butter has 4 carbs even if it’s just peanuts and salt. Sunflower butter has 5.6 carbs. These are nutrient dense foods that should be consumed in moderation. You could easily use half your daily carb count just loosing control for a minute. I would focus on real minimal ingredient foods especially for a while. Just dive in and push your old notions of comfort food to the side. We’re creatures of habit but habitat and tastes can change if you give it a try. Eating simply will make it easier for you to keep track of daily carb intake and not have any extra sugar or carbs sneak their way in.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #12

My peanut butter does not have any added sugar. A few carbs, but no added sugar. You will be able to find some.

(Elizabeth M Heatherington) #13

I no longer buy nut butters in the jar. At Fred Meyer (hopefully you have one where you live or something similar) in their bulk section they have nut grinders set up where you can grind fresh peanut butter and almond butter. It’s tastes awesome, no additives, but you’ll need to add salt.

Also, their bulk section has bulk nuts and seeds plus almond flour and coconut flour for baking your own keto rolls to satisfy your bread cravings.

Hope this helps!