Getting Going and a Big Goal

exercise

(Jacob Wagner) #1

I haven’t been riding much lately, just a 1 mile each way about once each week (with hours between them).

However, I really enjoy it, especially when I can listen to podcasts as I go.

I am at about 4 1/2 weeks eating Keto, weighing 378.4 when I started. Once I hit 8 weeks I am going to step up my biking.

A few days ago I announced on Facebook to my friends that I have a goal to complete a century by the end of 2022 (about 5 years).

–Jacob

(ianrobo) #2

good luck mate and I suspect as the weight falls off then that century target can be modified, IMHO you can do it within 2 years :slight_smile:

(Central Florida Bob ) #3

Good luck, Jacob.

I used to ride the local century every October. Let me tell you the secret. Just keep pedaling. If you just keep pedaling, you can go any distance. (Silly - stupid, right?)

Bicycling magazine (“Buy-cycling”) used to run a piece just about every spring to get people up to riding a century between spring and the fall. You can do this and you’ll do it well before your 5 year goal.

Bob

(ianrobo) #4

also on Keto and full fat adaption you will never run out of energy, I have a century next week on a closed road Velo Birmingham, looking only to stop for water once and finish under 6 hours :slight_smile:

(Jacob Wagner) #5

I expect so. I just used 5 years because I would rather set it long and do it sooner than the other way around.

–Jacob

(Jacob Wagner) #6

I am about to take my first concrete step toward my goal of completing a century ride before the end of 2022.

This Saturday I am registered for a 50k ride. I did a pre-run last Friday and it wiped me out for a couple of days but I did complete it in a little less than 6 hours. I am looking forward to the race this weekend.

–Jacob

(ianrobo) #7

Good luck !