Genwich's progress report

TLDR: I’m getting skinnier faster than I’m losing weight.

I don’t post here a lot, but I hang around all the time. I’ve been back on the keto wagon for a few weeks afer a few months of low-carb, and following the Ketogians macros for the last week, and feeling much better with the higher protein. I went from a 39 in waist/ 24+% body fat to 36/20% on low-carb, to 35/18% on keto, all while maintaining my same LBM.

The change in my body (to my eye) has been far more dramatic since moving to keto than that 1 inch change in waist circumference indicates, more than the change from 39 to 36. It seems like I’ve reached some kind of tipping point where the fat retreating from my extremities is now very noticeable. Weird stuff like seeing the tendons in the top of my foot. I didn’t realize my feet were fat, but there you go.

One more thing to note for anyone that gets discouraged my the scale not really moving. I started this on Nov. 7, 2017, from then to March 1 my weight only moved 5lbs in the first week, then nothing. I dropped 2.5 in off my waist though, then I dropped 5 more pounds and .5 in, then nothing until keto. Another 5lbs and .5in in week one of keto, no more pounds gone since but my waist continues to drop.

(Dan Dan) #2

NSV (Non Scale Victories) are the most Inspirational and encouraging thank you for sharing :smiley:

It’s been about 4 weeks, my waist has dropped another inch (34!), but my weight didn’t move for 3 weeks, then poof!, 5 lbs literally over night, which has then held steady for a week. My body is weird.

(Rob) #4

+1 to what @Dan_Dan said. I’ve read enough to be convinced that the inches/pounds WILL move eventually if I do my part. It’s encouraging to hear from real people who went through the waiting and were rewarded with results. Thanks for posting!

Just keep at it, we’re all on our own journeys here. I probably didn’t start off as far down the path to diabesity as some here, but far enough. I didn’t have a 100lbs to loose, so I don’t have a dramatic story. Just 6 slow and steady months to loose 20lbs and 5 inches, only to discover that I probably still have 10lbs of fat and a couple more inches to loose. That’s fine. That 5 inches is the difference between real “you’re gonna die” overweight and “you lift, bro?” overweight.

Progress photos.

So I am actually up a pound in the last 2 weeks, but my waist is down another 1/2 inch, which puts me at 13-16% body fat. Guys, I am so close to my goal I’m starting to get twitchy. I want to push, to start changing things, to feel like I’m not progressing fast enough, when I know that staying steady has gotten me here. KCKO for real over here.

It’s been about three weeks, time for another update. I’ve been doing the Ketogains Bootcamp, and it seems to be working. My weight continues to hang out at 175-177, but my waist is down another 1/2 inch and 12-15% body fat depending on the method used to measure. I suspect it’s the higher end, but there is a ghost of abs visible if the lighting is just right and you don’t think about it too hard.