Gain weight problem!

Hi all
I think keto never can be boring cuz is our original diet(meat).

Anyway really with keto is hard to gain weight.
I need to add between 7-9kg to become in normal weights.
Even i everyday eat 4-7eggs a lot of meats and eat a lot of dairy, i think my calories are somewhere 1800-2200 everyday.

So really i want yours help to advice me how to gain weight on keto?
Is it possible?
Or i need to go with carbs for some months only to gain weight?

LoveAll:)

(Tom Seest) #2

I would add in nuts, nut butters, and different dairy…you’ll have to experiment, because it can be difficult to find out what works for you…For me, lots of almond butter does the trick.

(Arlene) #3

I can attest to this. I’m trying to lose weight and nuts and nut butters always make the scale go up.

@tdseest @farmgirl
Thank u to much for yours replies.
I made everything to gain weight in keto like butter cheese and meats.
But ill never add nuts.
So i want to know which nuts have highest fats contect? and not are to much expensive like macadamia nuts.

Also i welcome others advice for gain weight in keto:)
Love All:)

(Arlene) #5

Actually I don’t think the fat content in the nuts matters at all, in fact macadamia nuts do NOT cause me to gain weight, as long as I don’t consume huge amounts of them. I’m pretty sure macadamias are similar to coconut oil (MCT’s).
If your goal is weight gain, stick with almonds, peanuts, filberts, etc. Eat lots of them and watch the weight go up and up!

@farmgirl Hi :slight_smile:

Aso aso
I will try almonds for sure but not to much cuz they are expensive for my budgets.
But peanuts are fine for me but i heard that roasted peanuts have a lot of carbs, cuz really carbs makes me feeling sick.
What do u think farmgirl for peanuts do u think is okay to eat a lots of peanuts? and doesnt kickout me from ketosis?
Love:)

(Adam Kirby) #7

If we go by the “Phinney weight” idea this is your natural set point and you will have to fight like hell to gain weight on a diet low in carbs. The opposite problem of what many people have here but still the same idea.

Now eating carbs should definitely be a much more effective (but stupid IMO) way to gain weight. Alternately you could focus on body composition (muscle gain) instead of just scale weight.

(Arlene) #8

Don’t raise your carbs beyond a point that you start feeling bad. If peanuts mess you up, stick with other options.
I would have to agree with Adam. Start weight training and build lots of muscle. Just keep the aerobic exercise at a minimum. Walking is okay, but doing extensive running will steal your muscle. Weight training is an excellent thing to add.

@akirby83 @farmgirl
Thank u for replies :slight_smile:
Yes yes one week later i start with exercise and my body is weight gain little especially arms.
But really i need to eat a lot of calories and the only way i think are nuts.
I hope that i find in my country raw peanuts and to try to gain weight in keto cuz really keto makes me feeling superhuman.
Ill appreciate all otherd advice for gain weights in keto :slight_smile:
Really this is best forum for ketos people
Love All <3

(Ron) #10

Double cream in coffee or tea can help.