Funny thing I'm seeing with Keto articles

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #1

I’m starting to notice, when I read an article by Dr. Whoever, professor of whatever college, and it will mention a few potential benefits of Keto (presumably to catch everyone attention) but then go on to say why it probably won’t work long term, why might not be the healthiest alternative, and on and and on…
But the thing that most often stands out to me are the extensive replies, from folks that have been doing Keto strictly for 3 years, 5 years, or longer. I read a reply this morning to an article like this, from a marathon runner who had eaten Keto for 10 years, and said, he couldn’t ever imagine going back to a high carb diet…

Another dumb thing I often read, is how hard it is to stick to such a strict diet… How do I type the fart sound %%# ! Ya’ know whats hardest for me ? Feeling freaking starved all the time ! Like I always did when I ate tons of carbs ! Now I have to “remind myself to eat”. And its quite easy to plan a nice Keto meal, when I don’t feel like I’m going to freaking die of starvation ! I used to get so hungry sometimes, after only going 4 or 6 hours after a big, high carb meal, that I felt like I just had to run to a fast food place, or a mini mart, to shovel in some garbage as quick as I possibly could ! Now, it might have been 12 hours… and I’m still 2 hours from home. Well guess what, that will give me 2 more hours to decide what I’m having for dinner :slight_smile: Because I NEVER feel like I’m going to starve anymore. SO freaking liberating :slight_smile:

(Susan) #2

You are so right, Chris. I was always hungry all the time on any other diet I tried.

I do not consider Keto a diet, I consider it a Lifestyle, but yes I am only ever hungry now when I am actually hungry and then I eat. I am certainly adapting to what is really being hungry with the IF and I do get so full now eating my meals that I often save part of a meal for later.

I get really upset when I read all the criticisms of Keto and how they say how dangerous it is. My daughters tell me I am anorexic … so yes…

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #3

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #4

Thank you Amwissil. I had actually read over that thread before. Ridiculous how easily people are brainwashed. But like a few others have said, I’ll let the results speak for themselves :slight_smile:

Reminds me of how people believed for so long, how terrible weed was. Devil weed :slight_smile: lol Yea right.

(Scott) #5

@FishChris yeah I notice how they pepper thier comments with vague implied dangers and why it won’t work. It’s not sustainable, animal fat is bad and no one knows the long term effects. Blah blah blah

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6

It’s time to stop listening to the venal lies of the media, mega “food” producing corporations, the medical and pharmaceutical machine, and the vegan anti meat Nazi’s. KCKO. :cowboy_hat_face: