Funny non scale victory

(Serena Mollenkopf-Grill) #1

I was lying in bed and my 15 daughter walks in and hugs me.
“Mom, is your hand on your chest?” (points at my rib cage below my bust)
“No, its up here.” I wave at her.
“Oh, it must be your phone.”
“No, why?”
“Well, then what is so hard on your chest?”
I think for a minute, pull down the covers and say, “My ribs?” We begin to laugh.
She has never felt my ribs before: I’ve been fat her whole life.
Best Non Scale victory yet!
I’d love to hear other funny non scale victories, keep calm and keto on…and don’t forget to laugh!

Love it! Haha!

That is so great, @SerenaG!

It’s exciting to see how our kids respond to the changes we’re going through. I remember how excited my daughter was the first time she could completely wrap her arms around me. :hugs:

I never liked being unhealthy, but if my kids can learn from my experience and make healthy choices in the future, it was worth it. Especially now that I’m much healthier! :wink:

Thank you for sharing this. IT MADE MY EVENING!

(Candy Lind) #4

:muscle:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

:+1:

(Whitney) #6

My fingers have become too small for my wedding rings. They slip around horribly now and I’ve had to move both my wedding band and engagement ring to my “middle” finger, which is bigger. They fit comfortably there. People keep looking at my hand funny and asking me “Aren’t those on the wrong finger…?”

I LOVE it! :joy:

(Raj Seth) #7

A coworker tried to hook me up with her “auntie” when she saw I had no wedding ring. So now I wear it, even though it’s super loose!! And now have the coworker on Keto. She lost 8lbs in first 12 days and is ecstatic

Lisa made me buy a new ring, so I wouldn’t be without one.

We just got a cheap one that I liked (cheaper than resizing my original ring), and now I wear it.

Look, I know I’m a Stud Muffin, but honestly she’s got nothing to worry about. :wink:

(Michelle isaacson) #9

NSV–> Not feeling so well tonight and would typically go to Rocky Road Ice Cream. Well the only thing that sounded good was a cucumber with homemade ranch dressing! So, Yes, I ate the entire cucumber with ranch dressing. :slight_smile:

(Susan Bryant) #10

That’s great! This is one of the NSVs I’m looking forward to the most! I haven’t been able to comfortably wear my engagement ring in years…

This has recently happened to me! I feel like they will fly off every time I wash my hands. EEP!! Feels weird wearing them on my middle finger.