Fuel for triathlons

(Brett) #1

Any triathletes here competing whilst on keto diet? Just wondered how you fuel for your races. Before and during. Only doing standard and sprint distances. Into week 7 of my diet.

(Luiz Felipe Ungericht) #2

Sorry to take a ride in your post, but I will be following any tips and suggestions here. I am training for a half marathon, and as I increase my distances, my fasted cardio training sessions in the morning are looking slower and slower.

(Jeannie) #3

I have done 3 sprint triathlons since going keto. I make sure I stay well hydrated with added electrolytes. The only thing I have prior to the race is bullet proof coffee. I up my protein some the day before and afterwards, but other than that, no differences to my normal keto diet. I have cut significant amounts of time, feel invincible, and have virtually no “recovery” pains.
I should mention that I still have plenty of body fat to burn too. When I get to my goal weight, I imagine I will need more dietary fat.
:grin:

(ianrobo) #4

a lot of triathletes are either acknowledged Keto or they claim to eat ‘better’ food but it is basically low carb.

Tim Noakes of course with Steve Phinney and Peter Defty are the leaders here so go around checking them out. Also check out Cereal Killers 2 as well.