Fryers

(Paul H) #1

I don’t currently own one. What should I get? Air fryer? Traditional oil fryer? Instant Pot? I would think the traditional fryer with oil would be better for Keto than air or instant? I understand they all are unique depending on what you are wanting to cook. What would you start with?

(shawn) #2

I have an Instant Pot and a Power Air Fryer Oven (looks like a little oven) and I use both constantly. Definitely use the air fryer more, because i cook steak in it. It really depends on what you want to make. I live in Phoenix, and they both help me not having to use the oven in the summer, or stand over a hot grill when it’s 120F outside.
I love my Instant Pot for bone broth (without stinking up the house for 2 days), keto soups and various pulled pork and beef recipes that turn out super tender.
I use my air fryer more, and cook ribeyes, chicken, scallops, kielbasa, and any meat that I’d cook on the grill or in the oven. I’ve also done things like jalapeño poppers wrapped in bacon. It also dies the things that you would normally do in an oil fryer without the mess, it has a rotisserie feature and a dehydrator.