Frustrated scale has not moved

(cheryl) #1

HI Guys,

Been doing Keto for 3+ weeks. Entering my 4th week here. I’m a little frustrated because the scale has not moved since last Tuesday.

Drinking lots of water

Am in Keto (blood tested) .5 mml to .8mml

Down 8lbs so far!

I know motto is Keep calm and Keto on… but so am anxious to at least get the scale moving again!

Suggestions?

(James) #2

You might be able to start IF. Personally, I wouldn’t suggest it until probably week 6 because of your body still working out how it is going to get energy to burn, but I know some people that do start earlier and see no issues from it.

However, I do suggest that if you don’t see pounds coming off, you should take KCKO to heart. Your body is more than likely changing how it sees and uses fuel. When I first started out, I had a month of losing weight and almost 2 months of nothing, but I could see my body changing.

(Liz ) #3

Search the term Post Induction Stall Syndrome (PISS) here in the forums and hang in there.

(Emma Cohn) #4

Read about “whooshes” and the whoosh effect. Losing fat takes patience. When the body uses adipose fat it replaces what is used with water in the fat cells. The water is retained for a long time, so even though you’ve used the fat there is not a difference in your weight or appearance. Eventually the water is released all at once and you have a sudden significant drop in weight. Great job losing 8 lbs, getting into ketosis, and staying hydrated. Trust your body and try to have patience. The weight is just a number.

Also, since it’s early in your journey you could start taking body measurements and/or progress photos. Weight only tells part of the story. I stopped losing weight a few months ago but my measurements are still decreasing. It could make you feel less anxious to have more data.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #5

Wise words right there.:nerd_face:

(The Lowkster) #6

Body recomposition perhaps ? I think a better way to check progress is via the measuring tape rather than the scale.

When in doubt, add more fat.

Scales always lie.

(Mike Glasbrener) #8

It’s likely PISS. Eight lbs in 3 weeks is good. Even if the scales aren’t moving you might see some other benefits. It takes time to become “fat adapted”. Don’t starve yourself to get the scales to move that’s self defeating. You should see hunger pangs between meals diminish some over time and then the scale will resume moving.

(cheryl) #9

yes. I feel great! Super energy. Sleeping great!!! not hungry… not thinking about food… it’s like a godsend!

(cheryl) #10

I have been hearing a lot about IF — just not sure if I am ready for that… not sure if I can even DO THAT! LOL…