Frustrated and need MORE advice

(Patty Fernandes) #1

Let me start out by saying I consider myself a healthy person. I’m 5 foot 2 and (unfortunately) currently weigh 116 pounds. I work out a few days a week doing hiit training and lifting weights. I started keto about 8 weeks ago. I have read a TON on the topic and have gained 4 pounds which is not the way i want the scale going! I swear I have read about every ‘potential issue’. I track all of my macros and I’m so confused on why I gained that weight. No, it’s not a muscle gain. Also, my body composition didn’t change because I now no longer fit into some of my clothing even with that small weight gain. Please, I don’t want to hear that I shouldn’t lose this weight. My ideal weight with working out is about 108-109 lb. That’s a big difference from where I am and I’m tired of struggling and not seeing any results. Would somebody please please please help me? I’m wondering if I need to change my macros (75-80/25/5) more but I’m not sure which way I should alter them. Thank you!

(Brian Walters) #2

Do you do any type of fasting?

Its hard for most people to loose weight if there is never a period of low insulin levels?

(Wenchie) #3

I use the macros 5/15/80…

Maybe you could describe what you would eat on a normal day?

(Patty Fernandes) #4

I don’t intermittent fast per se, but I make sure I don’t eat breakfast until it’s been at least 14 hours. Breakfast often consists of two jumbo eggs, either a half cup of arugula, spinach, or broccoli, and about one serving shredded cheese, along with a bulletproof coffee. I do bacon or sausage occaisionally but whether I use shredded cheese or bacon, it puts my meal at about 30 to 40% of my protein for the day. Lunch usually consists of a serving of meat and a small amount of (keto approved) veggie. I try to prolong lunch as late as I can. I try not to snack and only do so if I feel hungry or if I just did a workout. Dinner varies between another meat, cream cheese pancakes, and a small veggie. My macros have been pretty on target with exception of occasionally I struggled to get 75-80% fat, even after cooking in it or having a fat bomb, or drinking a tablespoon of coconut oil. I’ve been limiting my dairy because some people have an allergy to it although I’ve never found it to be the case for me. Of course my day varies but there must be something off. I’ve tried not paying attention to calories in the beginning (advice from a few keto ppl), then since I was gaining weight I really paid attention to them, and so on.

(Patty Fernandes) #5

I try to only eat three meals a day. A couple times I wasn’t super hungry and only ate two meals and a snack. Occasionally it is three meals and a snack, depending how my day has been. Still keeping macros in check the whole time.

(Ren) #6

Did you build in a deficit into your macros? If you are eating at maintenance levels or higher, that might explain the weight loss?

(Patty Fernandes) #7

I did. To maintain I should be 1500-1600 calories. Right now I’ve been sticking to about 1200-1300.

(Karen Fricke) #8

Sometimes not enough calories is the problem, you might try eating more, if you’re very active your body might think it’s starving.

(Patty Fernandes) #9

That’s what I did for the first 5 weeks… higher calories. I’m not that active during the day, unfortunately, so that’s how I calculated my calorie intake. The scale went up another .5 pound this morning and I was LIVID!!!