Fried Chicken mix GF

(Tania M) #1

My friend is having an online Epicure party. I’m generally not into these things, but will buy a thing or two, to support a friend.

This is out of my price range, but looking at the ingredients I think it may be easy enough to make. I would think grind the chia seeds?

I’d love to try it on my family, not that we make fried chicken, we usually just sprinkle on some seasoning and bake it.

Any thoughts or ideas.

(John) #2

I have made a similar “breading” mix using golden flaxseed meal, chia seeds, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.

You beat an egg in one bowl. In a dry bowl you mix the flaxseed meal, chia seeds, and seasonings and spices.

Dip your chicken in the beaten egg (so the breading will stick to it, dredge both sides in the breading, and fry in avocado oil.

The chia seeds add a little crunch, but they are optional.

(Tania M) #3

you leave the chia whole?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4

There are lots of keto fried chicken recipes on line. That stuff is definitely overpriced. And for me would take the fun out of cooking. Different chicken breadings might be almond meal, pork rinds or a batter if you’re starting with precooked chicken which I would recommend Par-boil/poach, or sousvide first. Or you can pound chicken thinner or cut strips so you don’t burn the breading before it’s cooked. :cowboy_hat_face:

(John) #5

I did, yes. It is pretty tiny already, like poppy seeds.

(Tania M) #6

I had no plans to buy it. I mix my own seasoning, started with making my own taco seasoning long before keto came into my life. I’m just cheap.
A friend is host this party and I was intrigued by the ingredients. Pork rinds are the most common recipe I find. My family is not a fan.

('Jackie P') #7

I wonder if sesame seeds would work better. Not quite so crunchy!