(Vincent Hall) #21

Ah, maybe not for me then.
\v/

(ianrobo) #22

Been rejected as too fit :ok_hand::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

(Duncan Kerridge) #23

I guess that means I’m not!

(ianrobo) #24

ha ha and been offered another one which seems great but they want me to be on a more ‘balanced’ diet before it so gently declined it

I have big stomach bones :joy::joy::joy::joy:

(Paula Green) #26

I’m booked in for May. Thanks for posting about this - I’ve always wanted a Dexa scan :slight_smile:

(Duncan Kerridge) #27

Good stuff! Enjoy your rice…

(Paula Green) #28

Ha ha - funny thing is I never really liked rice even in my carby days.

Decided it’s worth it though to get the tests done.

(Duncan Kerridge) #29

You get the dexa and bod pod results straight away, the rest comes after. At typically glacial civil service speed… i’m still waiting…

(Sybella) #30

I’m going with my partner Andy to the one in London next Tuesday @BodyScan. £258 Single DEXA scan for two people together, joint face to face consultation.

You can also pay for a Health Testing Package at The University of Westminster. Includes a BODPOD scan, Resting Heart Rate test and Blood Testing - Metabolic Profile.
Best to call them for current pricing as I’m not sure if their website is up to date.

Sadly not free

(Paula Green) #31

@Duncan_K I went to the research facility in Cambridge on Wednesday. They gave me pasta which I hate - but it was worth chugging it down to get all the tests.

I have very dense bones too - which as a mature woman is great news. Good to get my body fat percentage and they also gave me the results of the BMR test that they do in the morning (with that hood thing) within a few hours - very pleased to know that it was 1447 cals. I’m very active, and obviously eat well, so lots of food for me :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for mentioning this here on the forum. I had a really good time. They were very grateful for my participation and said how nice it was to have an enthusiastic participant - I guess they get a lot of students!

I still need to recover from the pasta meal though lol!

(Duncan Kerridge) #32

Good stuff, they’re a nice bunch aren’t they? The data they supplied on the follow up wasn’t that great tbh and took ages but I’m glad I could contribute some data for them.

Thanks for sharing this. I live in Cambridge, so it was convenient for me.

I had my overnight stay at the end of May. My evening meal was a big plate of spaghetti bolognese, which was not a highlight!

However, was very worthwhile given the free Dexa scan and tests.

(Jack Brien) #34

Booking up soon, hopefully. How long does it take to get into the study?

(Vijay Bhakta) #35

Do they really cover all travel expenses ? Im in the North West so not exactly local.

(Duncan Kerridge) #36

I’m not sure tbh, the website seemed to imply they wanted more local people but it’s been updated and I can’t see that in there any more. Doesn’t hurt to ask.

I was booked in within a few weeks.