Four Year Anniversary

(Marianne) #1

Although I know my anniversary date, I had forgotten that today was Feb. 19. It’s been four years today since I started keto. I lurked here for about two weeks, reading and learning, before I “tried” it. It’s been pretty much clean keto/zc since that day. Keto has been my personal miracle. I’ve lost weight, kept it off, and have never been healthier or felt better physically, all the while eating delicious food. I’ve finally found a way of eating that I can live happily with. This forum has helped me so much and is full of great people.

Congrats!
Lucky, I had my baby keto times with reddit and “high protein is bad”, not like it could do much harm, I kept eating high protein (I tried to lower it and failed every day)… But finding this cute forum was a nice thing - except overdoing it sometimes. This is where I found a charming group of carnivores, the old reddit group was rather creepy and not very informative at that time… I saw some other forums but this one is simply the best :smiley:

Have very many more lovely years with keto!

(Marianne) #3

Thank you!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

Congratulations, Marianne! I’m very happy for your continued good health.

(Marianne) #5

Thanks so much, Paul. Your good counsel and encouragement have helped me so much along the way. Lots of others here, too. :hugs:

(Joey) #6

@gingersmommy

Four years and so much success. Hearty congrats! :vulcan_salute:

(Robin) #7

My hero!

(Megan) #8

That’s an awesome achievement @gingersmommy Marianne! The best part is it’s a way of eating you can happily live with. I would love to be writing a similar posting myself one day!

(Marianne) #9

Awwww, you guys!!! :sob::sob::sob::sob::hugs::innocent::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Marianne) #10

Thank you so much!

Keep eating the foods that you love, eat to satiety, and don’t sweat the rest! It’s amazing how quickly time passes in general and when you are occupied with other things.

(KCKO, KCFO) #11

Congrats on all your successes eating this way. Hope you have many more years of health and good eating.

(Marianne) #12

Here’s I think one of the only pictures I have of before I started. As soon as a camera came out, I’d admonish friends and family to please not take my picture - and I meant it. Totally depressing to me. This picture was taken only because the circumstances required it. I’m glad I have it now to remember back how depressed and despondent I was over my weight and that I had no hope of ever losing it again. I was 230 in the before picture and I believe 165 in the after. Featuring my sweetie, Petey. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #13

Wow! What a transformation! Very impressive. :+1:

(Kathy) #14

Well Done!!!

(KCKO, KCFO) #15

Yea, taking the before pictures is hard. But you can really see your wonderful progress because of that pic. I felt the same way before starting my keto journey. Glad I have a couple of befores, a few along the way, and some at goal.

You have done some great work for yourself. Congrats.

(Robin) #16

As you know, I burned all the evidence. But a good friend has a pic of me “before” that I plan to take and keep for evidence… I will probably share it on here, but nowhere else.

Congratulations with your 4 year anniversary Marianne, that is a wonderful transformation, on the last photo you radiate health :slight_smile: :+1:

(Jane) #18

Congratulations on your continued success!

(Eve) #19

I too hope to be able to post something similar in a few years…
Well done :clap:

(FRANK) #20

@gingersmommy,

Are you keto or totally carnivore? Can you provide some details as to your formula for success? I could use some direction and there is no disputing you know what the hell you are doing!

Well done!