Four days in keto and having cold symptoms!

(Cristen) #1

I’m not real sure if I have a common cold or what. Or if it’s the keto flu I’ve read up on. Tomorrow will be my 5th day doing keto. I’m all stuffed up. I feel like I could nap all day! If anyone has had the keto flu, what kind of symptoms did you go through and please how long?!

(Running from stupidity) #2

Keto is this easy (Keto for beloved noobs)

This is for Phase One - the starter phase. It’s still not complicated later, but this is the really easy to explain version which will help you no end.

• Eat under 20g of carbs a day

• Don’t worry about the scale

• Eat plenty of good food - fat and protein - while adhering to 20g/carbs/day. Don’t worry too much about macros and calories EXCEPT carbs. Keep them below 20g/day. (Prioritize the protein - always start with protein in every meal, but don’t panic about it.) Your job is to get fat-adapted, so give your body the fuel you want it to use. Also, your appetite will vary - it’ll disappear, then it’ll come roaring back. Happens to most people, don’t sweat it.

• ELECTROLYTES/SALT - KEEP THEM UP

• Buy the meat you can afford - don’t stress about grass-fed, organic (con), etc… The worst meat is better than the best bread.

• This site has a search function (magnifying glass at the top of the page) and a newbies section - use them both, you’ll get a better variety of answers to your questions far more quickly that way. SERIOUSLY, THIS IS VERY USEFUL.[1]

That’s as difficult as it needs to be for a couple of months.

My good friend Terence (being friends with a Kiwi feels kinda dirty, but there you have it, keto makes for strange bedfellows) tells me this thing I have described above is called “dirty keto.” So yeah, do dirty keto, kids! :slight_smile:

Lots of Love, THE JUICE

Expanded version is HERE

[1]If you can’t find a useful answer after searching and reading for a while, we can help you a lot more if you tell us relevant data about yourself such as your reasons for doing keto, your weight/height/age/gender, a sample menu plan & any relevant health conditions.

Weight goes up before it goes down?
(Running from stupidity) #3

I guess I should point out that the idiotically-named “keto flu” is actually carb withdrawals, not some kind of “flu” in any way. Why anyone thought it was clever to call it that initially is beyond me, it brings nothing but grief.

So being “stuffed up” is unlikely to be related, and I would proceed accordingly.

(Cristen) #4

Okay thank you!
Before keto I would eat frozen dinners, bowls of cereal, tons of breads ect…
This is a major major change on my body and my mind as well.
I’m always up for a challenge though. And proud to say im sticking with this.
I figured it was probably some kind of cold considering it’s so crappy in Ohio.
I know my slugggishness is my low carb meals. I’m so used to have about 150 -250carbs a day. Lol
Going down to 40 and under is such a difference.
Thank you so much for the advice.
I do some research but I’m still pretty new and not informed of real information.

(Running from stupidity) #5

Indeed it is :slight_smile: