Found Dorset, uk meat supplier that meets all my requirements

(SleepyMotherOf3 🇬🇧) #1

All our meat is from animals that have been reared on small, family-run Dorset and Wiltshire farms and purely grass-fed on lush, natural pastures and outdoor reared.

https://www.thedorsetmeatcompany.co.uk/product/introductory-meat-box/

(Allie) #2

I’m looking at it and thinking… “how much?!” :open_mouth::money_mouth_face:

(Vincent Hall) #3

I can’t get the site to work on mobile. I’m in Hampshire so interested.
\v/

(Cywgdave) #4

Cool, I’m supposed to be visiting Bournemouth in the early summer. Gives me something to think about. I looked and couldn’t find, do you know if they have a storefront?

(Allie) #5

Delivery only the site says.

(SleepyMotherOf3 🇬🇧) #6

From faqs:
Can I collect the order myself?

Yes.
If you live locally and would rather pick up your order from us yourself, you can select the “Click and Collect” option at checkout. You will then be able to select the time at which you want to make your collection.
The service is free so you will save on the cost of delivery.
We will call you to confirm everything with you so please include your mobile number when you Click and Collect.
Where do I need to go to?

The Dorset Meat Company
Gold Hill Farm
Child Okeford
Dorset
DT11 8HB

(Bunny) #7

Meats requirements!

(Vincent Hall) #8

I know Child Oakford, maybe 1/2hr from me. Need to look at web slte though as I don’t have a large budget to splash out on expensive food I could get locally. However, I do like a nice rib eye.
\v/

(Paula Green) #9

I’m in Somerset - will check out your website. Thanks for the info x

(SleepyMotherOf3 🇬🇧) #10

I like that it says:

Eating meat from animals that themselves have only eaten a natural diet of grass, wildflowers, clovers and legumes, rich in essential vitamins and minerals and untainted by chemicals and pesticides, makes a whole lot of sense. It’s a healthy choice to make.

(Jane) #11

Hi all,
We were chuffed to find ourselves being discussed here (we’d been browsing around for some info on Ketogenic as some of our new customers follow this and we wanted to understand a bit more about it)- happy to answer some of the questions in the trail above…
we don’t have a storefront - these days with business rates etc and people wanting to shop when times work for them and needing to work round our own family too, we went down the online route…we launched just over a month ago though we had worked with online food previously). We source our meat from local farmers in Dorset and just over the boarder in Wiltshire (small mostly family run) - we work from a packing unit on a farm in Child Okeford where they have lots of different types of businesses doing amazing things like glass blowing and cheese making.
We do a click and collect (Tuesday-THursday) so local customers can skip the delivery charge if they prefer and that’s working well…

++++ I’m not keen on artificial sweetners is maple syrup a big no no and what about dates (love them)

Cheers

(Cywgdave) #12

AH, thank you, guess I didn’t look close enough. Challenge with the internet nowadays, pretty much everything is out there, but it’s up to you to find it.

Thanks again.

(Jack Brien) #13

Looks nice. How about a keto box, full of all the fatty cuts (and a hefty discount of course :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

(Vincent Hall) #14

Hey Jane. I’m actually fairly local and rent some space in Blandford where I have a machine whic
h does some converting work. One thing I’ve noticed is your site seems not to show everything on my mobile phone. I would imagine you’ll be missing out on a lot views if your site is failing mobile browsers. It could be just my Dolphin browser on android of course, but I’ve yet to peruse your site fully on my computer as I don’t fire it up daily relying on the phone to do a lot of net type stuff and work emails.
Just a heads up and I hope to visit you soon and pick up an order.
\v/
Vince

(Jane) #15

Thanks for that info - we did spend a lot of time on the website and it has been tested for mobile but we will have a look again, as you say it may be your browser on android - technology works in mysterious ways!!

And yes, we are looking at make up of different boxes for people with particular dietary preferences…

Thanks all for your comments they are really helpful…

Back to work now

Jane