Former Vegetarian Ate One Burger and Became A Butcher šŸ˜

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #1

No comment. Thatā€™s a tough act to follow. :crazy_face:

(Bunny) #2

I canā€™t resist bacon fat it is the most tastiest thing on the planet.

If itā€™s not dripping with bacon grease I wouldnā€™t eat it either!

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #3

Just did some math and something doesnā€™t seem to compute. The woman claims to be 49 years old and have adopted vegetarianism during the 1970s after reading a book about mistreatment of farmed animals.

2019 - 49 = 1970 :raising_hand_man:

She claims a book she read about mistreatment of farm animals led to a moral decision to abstain from meat as a result. If so, she was a very remarkable pre-9 year old. Or maybe she just made up the story about a ā€˜book she readā€™ to justify her supposedly many years of vegetarianism. Or maybe she claims to be ā€˜49ā€™ the way Jack Benny claimed for years to be ā€˜39ā€™. Just curious.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4

@amwassil Maybe she read Animal Farm in the 6th grade or so like I did. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #5

Maybe Winnie the Pooh. :smirk:

Not that unbelievableā€¦ my husbands niece went vegetarian at about 6 (basically told her mum she was never eating meat again ) due to some propaganda crap she saw.
Mid 20ā€™s and Horribly sick now (as in confined to a wheelchair sickā€¦ ) but refuses to believe her diet has anything to do with it.

(Jack Bennett) #7

I went vegetarian in 10th grade when the Hare Krishnas visited my high school for an activity day. It ended when I was visiting my friend and his mom made bacon for breakfast. :bacon::bacon:

Hmmmā€¦B12 deficiency perhaps?..tends the muddle the grey matter a bit.

(Bob M) #9

I wouldnā€™t doubt it. My 9 year old had a friend over and she says she eats vegetarian at home but eats meat when sheā€™s not home. My niece is a 13 year old vegetarian and has been for a while now.

Also, my wife has a degree in English. We started reading to the kids when they were young and read 3+ books a night to them, every night, graduating to books without pictures until they stopped letting us read to them. Iā€™m listening to the Gregor series (Suzanne Collins, of The Hunger Games fame), and I got the books for my 9 year old. She read each book in a day, and they are several hundred pages each.

(Central Florida Bob ) #10

The actual details of the story aside, I think thatā€™s the Headline of the Week So Far. It struck me so funny I literally LOLā€™ed when I read that.