For Women Fasting Podcast Dr. Fung & Megan Ramos (Moore)

(Sandra Watson) #1

I am listening now so will comment later :wink:

I listened to this the other day!

(Charndra Pile) #3

I pretty much binge on what Jason Fung has to say - and he says it so well! When fasting, I re-download and listen to his podcasts over and over. I keep meaning to write him and ask him to do a pod specifically for those fasting atm, sort of like a pep-talk. Talking in his way of the studies, the science, the experiences.

I didnā€™t see it (will soon) but my Mum recorded a show on SBS the other day talking about how ACV will lower your blood sugar up to 40%. Anyone see it? (Australia)

As I already do this often - put some in my daily water, sometimes chug 2 TBS down with water before bed, I was interested to find out more about what the show said too. Iā€™ll update when I do.

(Charndra Pile) #4

Oh yeah, I forget to say that I have been fasting for nearly two years now. Longest is 6 days. Many three day fasts, lots of intermittent fasting (I have experimented with every protocol out there!)

I lose weight when I am fasting. That is the only time. My Insulin Resistance is high. Iā€™ve also been Zero Carb 95% since November, and 100% since January 1st (Used that impetus to dump the Coke Zero that spikes insulin with the Ace-K), and am enjoying (of course!) the ease and simplicity. Cravings are finally nearly gone. Waves here and there easily overcome. I was listening to Keto Talk, where it was said that in very IR individuals (as I consider myself as the weight has still done the plateau and creep back up despite lc keto and fasting) it can take a MONTH for the cravings to finally go away, and the effects of cortisol stress can have the same effect as scoffing carbs too, keeping the A1C high as if I were eating lots of carbs (Mine was 5.7 last check).

Having said all that, I have been having three Zero Carb meals a day until this week, when I have done two days of IF, and found that SO EASY, which is can be, and sometimes is and sometimes isnā€™t.

Itā€™s all about the hormones. It isnā€™t about willpower. Doc Nally emphasised that very well by comparing it to a womanā€™s cycle - she can no more control that via willpower than any other hormone. But at least we can learn how to lessen the control of that beast insulin through whatever form of fasting, and whatever form of carbohydrate restriction - and that bit is the fun (/nightmarish!) bit we are all here for.

Iā€™m feeling confident as I continue to find pieces to my puzzle and try putting them together in the right sequence.

At the moment, I read Kelly Hoganā€™s Interview on Zero Carb Zen regularly. What an inspiration!

(David K) #5

Nothing to add, itā€™s just nice to see one of the Great Old Ones among us.

(Duarne) #6

This podcast has been fantastic. I thoroughly enjoy listening to Megan and Dr Fung. Super informative.

(Ayah Uasca) #7

Thanks for sharing.

(Michelle) #8

Hi @Chthulhu - do you put ACV in your water when you are fasting? I do IF regularly, but havenā€™t gone more than 36 hours. I am shooting for 7 days. Wondering if ACV is ā€œacceptableā€ during a water fast.

(Jane Reed) #9

Per Dr. Fungā€™s book, adding vinegar to water which is drunk during a fast is acceptable. I donā€™t recall him stating it had any particular benefit.

(Crow T. Robot) #10

It is at least acceptable and possibly beneficial for blood glucose control. I make my electrolyte drink using ACV for flavor.

(Jennifer) #11

Putting this one on my list. I love Dr. Fung.

(Sally Bickford) #12

Hi!! Iā€™ve done two (2) 24 hour fasts now. Both times, Iā€™ve gotten a terrible rash on the side of my mouth. It really feels like a burn. It weeps and is scaley for days. At first I wondered if I had burned myself somehow. Then I hear about using ACV on the fasting podcast. Iā€™m worried my coffee is just too acidic now. I pound the vinegar to try to heal it. Does anyone have any experience with this side effect of ketosis?
Any suggestions much appreciated!

(Keto Amicia) #13

I also binge on Dr. Fungā€™s FASTING TALK podcast. It has been very informative. I then discovered KETO TALK with Jimmy Moore and Doc Nally.
Now I will be keto with added fasting!!
Only been fasting 24 or 36 for four weeks. Adding the keto made a lot of sense. Thanks for posting!

(Charndra Pile) #14

Hi, heā€™s talked about the benefits of ACV, or any vinegar, in other videos. As I understand it, it will reduce the blood sugar spike of a meal by 40% if taken 30 minutes before a meal 2 TBS in water. I usually have it in my fizzy water. Probably had said that above, I was just responding to the msg, havenā€™t been on here for a while!