For the endurance athlete

(Tom Seest) #1

My friend Billy Rice does an excellent job of introducing endurance athletes to this subject…

(John) #2

Good video, i like him, ordered up some MCT powder to try and reminds me I probably need fish oil.

(Jan) #3

@tdseest, thanks! My husband just started Keto & is asking me all sorts of questions. He teaches & coaches karate, & is going to be coaching at the Tokyo Olympics 2020, so very much coming from the athletic perspective. Me, I’m doing this for T2d, insulin resistance & weight loss. I don’t have the answers he needs. This is a perfect start for him!

(Tom Seest) #4

Billy Rice and his team do coach endurance athletes, for anyone that is interested. I have not used his services.

http://www.invictuscycling.com

(Tom Seest) #5

I use Quest MCT Powder and like it, but I’m not a performance athlete either. I also like their Coconut Oil Powder.

(Tom Seest) #6

Billy Rice really does an excellent job of explaining things from a practical point of view for an athlete. He’s actually a flying paramedic (Helicopter), and an endurance athlete, so he’s familiar with much of the medical jargon too. But, he seems to keep things simple and easy to understand.

(John) #7

I use the liquid stuff now, as I end my weight loss I think it would be great to put a higher dose in my drink before long rides. Too much of the liquid and I have problems.

(What The Fast?!) #8

Interesting about the Insta-ketones. I thought for sure that anything exogenous was snake oil.

(Tom Seest) #9

Keep in mind that Billy Rice regularly rides 350 miles per day on his bicycle and is rail thin. So, he’s looking for instant energy throughout the day. It may or may not work for him. It may or may not work for you.

They did nothing for me.

Individual results may vary.

(What The Fast?!) #10

Yeah - when he said “a normal person eating 3000 calories a day,” I almost spit my coffee onto my keyboard. Haha! I did a 3 hour training ride this weekend and burned 1750 calories…even on a day like that, I’m not eating 3000 calories. (Though, a girl can dream…)

Approximately 1 year Keto… 67 years old.
Began ride @ 12 hour fast; bulletproof coffee & exogenous ketone powered ride.
Blood glucose 80 and blood ketones 2.6 at end of ride.