Food saver or other vacuum machine bags

For anybody vacuum sealing, have you ever found bags other than the overpriced brand name ones that work just as good?

I’ve tried a couple now and they either dont seal, seal but then let go after, or are totally smooth on both sides and have issues with any liquids that may be in there.

The FoodSaver branded ones have always worked perfectly, but pricey. Everybody knows that Amazon reviews are bought, so that’s pointless to go by. If you’ve found ones that actually work as good, please plug them! I say the other day at Academy that LEM makes them, since their huge with cooking, dehydrators, etc I figured theyay be a good gamble, but been burnt a couple times now.

Aldi often has vacuum bags and rolls.

I don’t remember the brand but I bought a big, cheap bulk package at Amazon and it works fine. None but the expensive foodsavers can hold liquids unless you start freezing the liquid before sealing. My sealer has a “liquid” setting, but it hardly makes a difference.

(Blake) #4

I’ve bought 50’ rolls of vacuum bag material from Nutri-Lock on Amazon for years. Both the 8” & 11”. Never had an issue. Works great.

Thanks, I’ll give those a shot.

(Mike W.) #6

I’ve had decent luck with chili or the like by hanging the bag down over the edge of a countertop before sealing. Even leaves enough room to squish them flat before freezing.