Food intolerance

(Sheri Knauer) #1

I think I may have a sensitivity towards avocado (gasp! At least its not bacon!). Sometimes after I eat (always keto and has been for the last almost 10 months) I get unusually tired and fatigued feeling that can last anywhere from an hour or 2 or more. I think it may be from avocado. I came off a 43 hour fast yesterday, felt really good, and had half an avocado after an initial snack of a small bit of mozzarella. About 40 minutes after eating the avocado (and some homemade chicken salad with avocado mayo) I was sooooo tired. It happened last Saturday as well after having avocado with my meal, and Ive experience the tiredness and fatigue other times but can’t remember if I had avocado before feeling that way. I did not have any avocado today and my energy levels are fine. I will test maybe tomorrow or Friday by just having avocado then seeing if it affects me that way. Is anyone else affected by avocado in this way? I hope I am wrong because I just love avocado. If it is that, then perhaps I will switch having it from lunch to my last meal of the day.

(Allie) #2

I’m concerned I may have an intolerance too… sometimes when I eat them I end up feeling really sick about half an hour later. I’ve avoided them for a couple of weeks but now have one on my desk ready to eat…

(James storie) #3

Could it be the fiber?

(Sheri Knauer) #4

IT sucks, right?

(Sheri Knauer) #5

Its possible. I’ll test maybe tomorrow just having half an avocado and see what happens not that I like that overly fatigued feeling but I gotta figure it out. I definitely prefer the gobs of energy feeling!

(Allie) #6

I don’t have any problems with other high fibre foods so don’t think so, not in my case anyway.

(James storie) #7

I sure hope it’s not avocado! That would be a sad day! :sob:

(Allie) #8

Oh this is an interesting read… I am allergic to latex :open_mouth:

(Sheri Knauer) #9

Yes it would. My work around would be to eat it in the evening instead of mid day so it won’t matter if it makes me tired. Fortunately that is the only symptom

Look up “low FODMAPs”