Food help

(@taliea) #21

I got my macros from the keto cal. 20g carbs, 90g protein and rest fat. Today I’m working on sticking to my limit of carbs and putting in the fat and protein.

(eat more) #22

which calculator? at a deficit or at maintenance?

(@taliea) #23

I’ve gone to 2. I just did it on www.ruled.me and it came out to me eating now 120g protein with a deficit of 20% to lose weight. I’ve just watched my carbs. I’m still staying at or under 20g a day. Now I know strips are not very active but I know they can help a little in the beginning since I’m on day 6, but my pre sticks still show moderate ketone levels and someone told me to work out. I feel like i haven’t hit #ketosis yet.

(Brian) #24

Would guess your in Ketosis if your showing moderate on the urine strips. I’ve only tested blood ketone 15 times but when I was in the moderate- to moderate+ range with the urine strips, I was showing blood ketones of 2.4 to 4.3 well with in the metabolic ketogenic range. But people differ in how they respond on the urine strips, I’ve been low carb/keto for quite a while off and on so I may have higher blood ketones for a given urine strip reading than someone just starting. But my guess is with that reading you are in ketosis. Keep up the good work and keep those carbs low.