Fond du Lac's Don Gorske eats milestone 30,000th Big Mac

(Troy) #1

Hold the bun and sauce ?
Then maybe Keto in the wildšŸ˜‚

http://fox8.com/2018/05/05/wisconsin-man-eats-30000th-big-mac-hamburger/amp/

Gorske says heā€™s eaten at least one Big Mac almost every day since May 17, 1972. He has kept most of the boxes or receipts or has made specific notes in calendars that heā€™s kept

(Randy) #2

Looks like he let Captain Kangaroo cut his hairā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Chris W) #3

He is local to me I have seen several interviews with him, I would be willing to bet he is keto although not intentionally. He only eats big macs, and not the fries. So he is probably getting 35-40g of carbs.

(Rob) #4

If heā€™s fine (like he says), imagine winning the genetic lottery and then spending it all on Big Macs. Donā€™t get me wrong, I like a Big Mac now and again (not since Keto but one day, again), but every day for 46 years - and thatā€™s an average of 2 per day so he is not keto (16,800 days) - is a misuse of a god given carb tolerance :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :hamburger:

(Chris W) #5

Could be, I should find out what one he goes to and one see if I can talk to him.

(Ken) #6

IMO, two possible things are at work here. One, as was previously mentioned, heā€™s not eating a lot of other carbs. If so, the six bun portions are not enough to raise glycogen levels to the point of overcompensation, and since we donā€™t know what else he eats, he may also practice caloric restriction. Either way, glycogen levels are kept at a level that doesnā€™t cause overcompensation.

Two, he may possess the genetic trait that doesnā€™t allow leptin resistance to quickly rise. He may be one of those naturally lean people who donā€™t easily gain fat. If this is so, and he does follow an overall Carb based pattern, Iā€™d expect him to still have some diet related health issues, despite not being overweight.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #7

Fathead style. Donā€™t eat fries, donā€™t drink sugar coke, keep it <1ļøāƒ£0ļøāƒ£0ļøāƒ£ grams/day. Get 80% of the benefit without ever skimming ketosis.