Flap Steak at Costco

(Karl L) #1

That is all. You’re welcome.

(Christopher Avery) #2

How are you preparing it?

(Karl L) #3

Salt, pepper and Zattarain’s blackened seasoning, then grilled to medium rare over medium/high heat. Bonus: I fry the left-overs in bacon grease in a cast iron skillet!

(Christopher Avery) #4

I’m in.

(Jennifer) #5

I guess it would be similar to a flank steak? Cook it rare and slice it against the grain…

I’ll look for it next time I’m there.

(Jen) #6

My family’s absolute favorite! Whenever I see it there I have to buy two or three. So buttery and delicious!

Do they blade tenderize that one as well? I’m concerned about buying their beef because it’s blade tenderized and probably cafo too. I’ve tried to find information on their meat sources and haven’t had much luck.

(Chris) #8

I think the blade tenderizing is over analyzed. This is occurring at inspected facilities. Costco would be destroyed if they knowingly sold dangerous (or significantly more than untreated meat) beef.

Sure, but I prefer not to take any chances. The thought of it disgusts me, so I avoid it.

(Karl L) #10

Yes, I think pretty similar.

We love Flap meat, i marinade for about 3 hours, (garlic/ACV/water/spices) then flat iron the entire 2 pound strip until real caramelized on both sides. Then thin slice against grain on the bias and when ready to eat take the rare slices and into a pan for a flash fry with your favorite fat ( cocnut, oil, butter, ghee, lard, tallow). Darn now have to go cook some…