First week loss, now up and down and gains

Continuing the discussion from First week Loss, now up and down and gains!:

I can’t seem to reply! Ok, Im 57. Im 175cm (5ft 9) I started Keto at 106.5 kg. Got to 104.2 after first week, then yesterday 105.5, today 105.8.
Im female. I have Hashimoto’s and am hypothyroid. My goal is for 70kg (maybe less)
I have had a number of years of stress (adrenal fatigue) early menopause in 2011 before my 50th birthday. I take MCT oil in the morning, started with 1tsp, now taking 1 tbsp. Morning can be something like a 2 egg omelette with wilted spinach and feta inside. Lunch tuna in oil (drained) with salad greens, half an avocado with a drizzle of avocado oil. Dinner might be fillet steak with green beans and asparagus. I drink about 2 litres of water. I occasionally have a bullet proof coffee. If I have coffee at home I put 1/2 tbsp pure pouring cream in it. Vegetables I eat are zuchinni, asparagus, tomatoes (all portioned) cauliflower mash. Sometimes breakfast will be scrambled egg, 1x bacon rasher, half avocado etc

Keep doing what you’re doing and check-in in a month.

The whole post-menopausal PLUS hypothyroid thing is probably going to make for slow going I’m afraid. Do you feel well enough?

Yes and no. Menopause is 7 years along, stress of last 5 years hasn’t helped I guess, with adrenal fatigue. I make sure I get plenty of sleep, I eat good fats like olive, avocado and macadamia oil. I wonder whether im better to follow a plan as opposed to doing it myself and tracking everything? It’s very frustrating.

Sounds like you’ve got a bit of healing to do :slightly_smiling_face: so stress reduction & nourishment need to happen as a matter of priority. If following a plan reduces your stress then by all means find one you like & give it a go. Things will be slower with the reduction in estrogen post-menopause but that doesn’t mean it can’t happen.

Thanks Safi
I did autoimmune paleo for about seven months last year which helped with the pains but it took me six months to lose 5kg!!