First time raw meat...honestly

(Marius the butter craving dude) #1

Honestly I was not impressed… but I may have did it quite wrong
I bought this on a wimp : “Today I eat raw meat, any raw meat !!”

Basically 2oo gr of beef. I could not eat it at home since everyone is against this and way to paranoid, So I eat it in the parking lot. The first surprise was that it is easy to bite, rip and chew raw meat, I mean the effort is not something consuming. The taste was strange, I suspect it was frozen multiple times since it did not have any interesting taste, noting memorable. I could not eat large bites, just not something to stimulate appetite, and also I found that if the meat is thick it dose not give a pleasant taste.
The satiety was very strong, much more strong than cooked meat, I could barely eat it all. I did not have any surge of energy or feeling of good as many describe, my stomach felt the same as eating cooked meat (like there is nothing happening).
I admit this was a very low quality beef, I eat it very not in the mood, not in proper place and in a hurry. I was also very nervous since I thought “what if all they say bad about raw meat is actually very true”; I drank some zero sugar cola right after to increase acidity just in case… But I will try it again, better quality and at home (alone :wink: )

(Ken) #2

Hmmm. At the very least I cut mine up and lightly salt it. That also looks pretty lean, I make sure mine is at least one third fat.

You can check out Steak tartare recipes for ways to flavor it.

Raw meat has never appealed to me, and I have no intention of trying to force myself to overcome that.

Am happy with med/rare, and I have eaten blue steak on occasion, but straight out of the packet, biting chunks off? I am impressed that you managed to finish it.

Obviously, different people have different reactions to this. I know of someone who has recently discovered raw, and is busy chomping his way through raw liver, and assorted meats on a daily basis, while saying how delicious and how satiating, and how happy he is.

I’m actually delighted that he has found something that delights him this much, but it doesn’t take me any closer to eating that way.

(Marius the butter craving dude) #4

When we kill the pig, we sometime take pinch to taste raw muscle or organ, but it is already choped, minced and seasoned and it goes into sousages. Freshly cut liver is very good. But I never before eat raw meat like this

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #5

But wait, what is the whole point of this again ?
Do you think their is some benefits to this ?

(Ken) #6

I’d argue that having raw meat and fat provides an extremely, if not the highest degree of Satiety. At least that’s my experience.

I buy quite a bit of beef brisket for grilling. Each weekend I’ll buy one, slice it into steaks, then Jaccard and pound seasoned meat tenderizer into it. The salt in it keeps it good for the whole week. We usually grill it, but occasionally I’ll cut a steak up and eat one raw. It’s salty, spicy, and really sating.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #7

Okay. Then if staying satiated is a problem for you, by all means. Personally speaking, I’ve been a glutenous food hog my entire life, but now, 10 weeks into my new Keto WOE, I’ve never been so satiated in my life. Just ate breakfast after a 28 hour fast… and was actually laying in bed this morning, and contemplating whether I really “needed” to eat today… or if it was just a force of habit ?

In my previous research of Keto, I kept reading how it really helped to satiate you. Never read anything about raw meat. Hmmmm. But im good. Carry on.