First time fasting

(Nicole Gale) #1

Hello! I’m new this forum. I’ve been reading as much as I can. I’ve done IF for a while and my goal this time is just 48 hours. I’m halfway there. I’ve tried to stick to water and black coffee. I was feeling particularly stressed and drank a diet soda. Will this have a big impact? Why is it frowned upon?

(TJ Borden) #2

Many artificial sweeteners can cause an insulin response. If it can fool your tongue, it can fool your pancreas.

In general it’s best to find one that has a minimal effect for you, but durning fasting especially, causing an insulin response pretty much negates the point of fasting for many.

This is why I won’t even drink flavored waters (unsweetened) when I fast. I sometimes drink unsweetened tea, but am wary of that too.

Don’t stress, just continue forward.

Go two days and claim victory. Then next time do it without the diet soda and maybe a bit longer.

Four days is a magical milestone when fasting, at that point the body has reached a peak within autophagy and continuing the fast is super easy,

Congratulations!

(Nicole Gale) #5

Thank you! Everyone is so supportive. It’s so nice. I’m at 34 hours right now and I feel so good. I do miss my coffee will a little cream and a splenda. But just because I really enjoy my morning cup!! But I’m going to keep pushing through.

Thank you everyone!