First labs since going full keto, and a new goal for December!

(Charlotte) #1

I committed to keto full-on in March, and just got my first lab results since that time, and my A1c is down from 7.8 to 6.3! My doc said that if I keep up the progress, I may be able to go off metformin in a few months.

The weight loss has been great (slow but steady, which works for me), but now I have a new short-term goal: to get my A1c below 5.7 in time for my next round of labs (which are scheduled for early December).

Last year Thanksgiving tripped me up after starting keto for the first time, throwing me off track for months before I finally got back to it, but this year in the Charlotte vs. Thanksgiving battle royale, Thanksgiving is getting SERVED. With a side of dark meat, buttery green beans and plenty of keto gravy! :yum:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

There are some good Thanksgiving recipes in the Food forum. This year, you will not fight alone! :bacon::bacon:

I want pictures of you roundhousing the yams with marshmallows :smiley:

(Charlotte) #4

:laughing: I’m just picturing my Grandmother’s face if I did that!

(Charlotte) #5

Awesome, thanks for mentioning that! I definitely plan to bring my own sides, desserts and gravy this year and I’m excited to explore those recipes come November!

Hence the need for pictures - you’ll be the stuff of family legend & not a future thanksgiving will go by without someone telling that story & having to whip out the pictures to prove it :laughing:

Hmmm, bacon-wrapped turkey, bacon-wrapped yams, bacon-wrapped pumpkin pie…

(Raj Seth) #8

Bacon wrapped Bacon?

LOL! Maybe use 2 types of bacon!

(Charlotte) #10

LOL you’re making a very strong case for this…and my family is long overdue for a bit of unnecessary holiday drama…:thinking::innocent:

(Charlotte) #11

You had me at bacon.

Bacon-wrapped pumpkin pie sounds…actually kind of amazing.

LOL! It would certainly be interesting! :smiley:

Get in there before weird old uncle whathisname steals the spotlight - it’s your year to shine my friend :crazy_face: Godspeed.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #14

Deep-fried bacon-wrapped bacon! :bacon::bacon::bacon:

(Raj Seth) #15

:ok_hand::+1: :drooling_face:

(Cat Gilliland) #16

It takes time for your body to heal. Congrats on the progress so far and keep up the good work!
I added 16:8 time restricted eating to my low carb diet and was able to get my A1C from 6.4% last december to 5.5% at my last checkup, so you could consider that time restricted eating may also help lower average blood glucose. Doc says if I can keep under 6%, he’ll stop all meds (taking Xigduo, which includes metformin) at my next appointment.

(Charlotte) #17

I am actually just about to start experimenting more with fasting, so hopefully that will help! Congrats on your progress, that’s awesome!

p.s. love your username! I have a little bastet figurine on my desk! :grin:

(Christopher James Hale) #18

Hi Chazzam, keep up the Faith! I went hardcore Keto and in 4 months took my A1c from 9.4 to 5.0.