First Keto Blood Tests

(Tom) #1

I had my first Keto blood test results back today and am really pleased. Despite seeing the weight come off and being convinced by the science, I had a nagging “what if all this fat really isn’t good for me” feeling. I stuck with it of course, and that nagging feeling has today been replaced by scientific evidence - the results are great!

Unfortunately I don’t have starting measures, so am going off a year ago when I was eating a reasonably “healthy” but carb laden diet with a spot of intermittent fasting and about the same amount of exercise as now.

• Cholesterol: 5.1 to 4.0 mmol/L
  • Triglycerides: 0.8 to 0.6 mmol/L
  • HDL: 1.3 to 1.0 mmol/L
  • LDL: 3.4 to 2.7 mmol/L

The serious improvement is in liver function. I had an ultrasound 18 months ago and have early fatty liver. I’m now planning on losing a bit more weight and then going back for another ultrasound:

• LD: 255 to 169 U/L
  • AST: 45 to 19 U/L
  • ALT: 84 to 17 U/L

Glucose hasn’t changed a lot - 5.3 mmol/L to 5.1. I don’t think they did an HbA1C test - does this go by another name in Aus?

(Karen) #2

It is a relief to see improvement. Eating a pile of fat seems whack, maybe even unsafe, but science is showing it to support our bodies in a natural way.

K