First Intentional Fast

(No I'm not mad - that's just my face) #1

36 hours and counting, since Friday evening. I am pretty pleasantly surprised at how painless it was. If my stomach got growly, which was infrequent, I’d have black coffee, tea, or water. Feeling some pangs this morning, but I think I’ll hold out till we get back from the gym. I hate having food in my stomach when working out.

I think I may make this a weekly or bi-weekly thing. I work 24 hour shifts Wed and Fri, and when I get home tired Thurs and Sat mornings being tired really triggers cravings. So this first fast was an exercise in mindfulness. I have the house to myself Thursdays and Saturdays, so no one else in the house eating and no one to cook for. Who knows if I’ll go longer than 36-40hrs. I’m impressed at how easy this one was!

(Kanel) #2

I suppose you are fat-adapted? That’ll make the process a lot easier :slight_smile: I’ve only done a 30 hour fast, kind of unintentionally actually and I’m think I’ll do a 72 hours fast next week because my GF is out of the house for 2 days so fits because she will never join me on this :wink:

A tip is to stay busy with things during the fast outside the house else you’ll end up staring into the fridge. Low-intensity training etc.

Are you still fasting btw?

(Richard Morris) #3

well done :slight_smile:

(No I'm not mad - that's just my face) #4

I broke my fast at 38 hours, but I could have gone longer. I intentionally did this one at home because I’m trying to break a habit of coming home from my shifts and going right for junk food (happens when I’m tired). Sort of retraining my brain.

Right on! It still surprises me how easy it feels once I push through that first day and reacquaint myself with the free time I have when not preparing food, eating food, tidying up after eating… I’ve just broken my 48h fast with Fat Head pizza and it was worth the wait!

(No I'm not mad - that's just my face) #6

@K8zelly I had so much time on my hands not cleaning up kitchen messes all day! :joy:

(No I'm not mad - that's just my face) #7

@Kanel I thought I’d lost my adaptation with a little bit of half assed ketoing, but the fast was so painless I must still be. I have no desire to go longer than, say, 48 hours - I like food too damn much! But I think this will be a useful tool to stay mindful on days where I’d normally be white knuckling it to avoid junk food.

(Kanel) #8

@Janis_keto_beetch That’s great to hear!
Haha, yes I loove food and the keto food is so damn yummy so I understand you! Actually, I started my first 72 hour fast yesterday and will eat again Friday evening. Got inspired by my friend who, out of nowhere, told me that he and his GF just did a 72 hour fast so I thought 72 hours must be quite easy for me as I’ve done keto for 1 year now :slight_smile: