First Extended Fast Need Pointers

newbies
fasting
female

(Ali) #1

Hey guys I’m totally new here.
I’m interested in fasting and have done 24 hr fasts in the past. I love the mental clarity that comes along with it and would like to try an extended fast. My husband is going out of town and I won’t have to cook for him this weekend so I thought I’d try an extended fast.
Here are some stats.
I am about 123 - 126 lbs depends on what day it is and my scale tells me I’m at 29% body weight but I’m thinking it’s a bit lower maybe 26% due to me carrying a slight bit more on my lower half.
I want to fast for about 76hrs+ depending on how I feel.

I am just concerned that I don’t have the body fat to fuel that fast.
I’m nowhere near super lean or anything like that but I am wondering if I should add some dietary fat to give myself some extra fuel?

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!

(KCKO, KCFO) #2

Join the monthly group extended fast for support, encouragement, and ideas on solving any issues that arise.

Doesn’t matter if your days/times exactly line up. Best way to do an extended fast is with a group like this one.

(Lonnie Hedley) #3

My November Zornfast didn’t go well. I was in the middle of buying a house, and moving is super stressful. December was completely off the rails. I’m excited for this one since that stress is gone and I can lean on the community when I need it. Like @collaroygal said, probably easiest to do an extended with the support of a group if you’re not used to doing them regularly.

This should be helpful, there’s even a calculator to tell you if you need to add fat and how much. Happy fasting!

(Ali) #5

This is exactly what I needed thank you!!!

I’m lower body fat than that and I have done fine up to 4 days. The most you’re going to lose is about 1/2 pound a day, so just stop when you get to the point where you don’t feel you have much fat left. I am 5’6" and 118, and I still have handfuls of fat in numerous places. Remember to drink a lot including electrolytes. You don’t need extra dietary fat, but if it makes you feel better then try it. There are no absolutes and we are very early in understanding the science of fasting and autophagy.