First comments

(Will Madams) #1

Today at work after 3 weeks of keto I was congratulated on the amount of weight I’d lost and how good I was looking. Not to mention I was told I need new trousers as mine are too big now.

Don’t want to spend the money yet though as I have another 70lbs to go (35kgs)

(Michelle) #2

@aussiewill Congrats!!! :clap::clap:

(Candace) #3

That’s awesome!

(Keto in Katy) #4

:+1: Well done sir. KCKO.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #5

If you’ve got more than 2" of extra fabric bunching up, many dry cleaning places will take in trousers for you if there isn’t an alterations shops nearby. It’s less expensive than you think, especially if the dress code is “business professional” at your work place. Depends on the style of your pants.

(Will Madams) #6

Thanks i’ll look into it

(Larry Lustig) #7

Yeah, I started at a 38 waist and have a bunch of 36 and 34 inch trousers I can’t really wear anymore now that I’ve settled wind around 32.

I tried to get some of my trousers that fit before Keto altered but no luck. They would have had to take out so much fabric the two pockets on the back would meet in the middle.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #8

Yeah, that’s why 2" is the magical number. Under that and it’s hard to grab enough fabric to redo the seams in certain styles, over that and pockets disappear. If you really love the pants, you can have them sew the pockets closed at the top and just go for it, but you’ll have to get creative about where you stash your keys (I don’t wanna know.)

(Stephanie Hanson) #9

Congrats that’s awesome

(Jo Lo) #10

Good job, my friend.
You are improving your waist/height ratio, which is one of the best measures of insulin resistance. Ratio should be less than 2, for men. For example, that’s size 35 pants (or smaller) if you are 70" tall (5’10").

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #11

A pedant writes: 2 would be the height-to-waist ratio. The waist-to-height ratio would be 0.5.
(That’s the way I think of it anyway). But your meaning was clear, so sorry to be so literal about it. :wink:

(Griz Thomson) #12

Do you know what the best ratios would be for women?