First blood testing and mammogram after keto

(Moriah ) #1

So, I started IF in Nov 2017 and went to keto the last week of Jan 2018. My last HbA1C before keto was 5.7 and a blood glucose of 134. My doctor (unbelievable) said I must be dehydrated. Since I have known that I have metabolic issues for a long time (just didn’t know how to fix it) I knew it wasn’t dehydration. So, I just had my new blood testing done with an A1C of 5.3 (yaaayyy!) and a blood glucose of 89. Insulin is 3.8. this is after a 36 hour fast.
So, I also had a mammogram. I am beyond menopause but several of us in this forum report symptoms that seem like “before menopause” symptoms when we are loosing weight. I have noticed this and of course, an hour after my mammogram I get a call back for a ultrasound and a closer look because the radiologist detected “a change” from last year. All is well and the doctor reported a “little more inflammation” from last year. A possible benefit of Keto?
I am loosing about 1.25 lbs a month after at least one 36 hour fast and several OMAD’S a week. Kind of slow but worth the weight.

A hearty thank you to the keto guys and obesity code. This is an answer to prayer. Thankyou thank you.