First attempt at Singapore Noodles using miracle noodles

(brian) #1

So wanted to try the miracle noodles (angel hair) to make what the local Chinese take-out place calls Singapore Noodles (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore-style_noodles) They’re rice noodles with curry, veggies eggs and some king of protein. Need to try this again with a better recipe and need to plan ahead since we didn’t have shimp and chicken so I used thin sliced steak. The noodles are thicker than the rice vermicelli, and I must not have boiled them long enough to get the fishy taste out. Not bad overall but will try to improve next time

I don’t mind the fishy smell. It’s very subtle. If you rinse them with lots of water, or have them soak overnight in several changes of water, the smell goes away.

Perhaps it’s because I like eating fish that the slight fish smell doesn’t bug me? And, in some way, I appreciate the shiritake noodles for what they are. I appreciate them just as they are and appreciate their unique texture and taste.

(brian) #3

Thanks for the tips. I try your suggestions I imagine next time I’ll add shrimp so it won’t stand out as much

(jketoscribe) #4

I find the smell disgusting, so I do a lot of rinsing and then also put the bowl of noodles in water in the microwave for 2 minutes then rinse again. Finally I “dry fry” them in a skillet to get rid of the excess moisture.

(Trish) #5

Looks yummy. Recipe please. I recently bought some Konjac noodles and can’t wai to try them post fast.

(Trish) #6

Pic isn’t really clear but it has 6 carbs and 6 fibres so 0 net carbs. I’m very excited to try these.

(brian) #7

I haven’t seen konjak Noodles. I’m interested to hear how they come out.

Sorry to say I never found a recipe. I think all I did was cook the noodles, steak, eggs, red, yellow and green pepper strips separately. Then I used some bottled curry powder that was in the spice cabinet and combined all the separately cooked items in a pan with some coconut oil and maybe some salt. Sorry it was a while ago :grinning:. Good luck and have a good fast!

(Trish) #8

Thanks. I’m 83 hours in and will be breaking fast this afternoon with some veggie soup. Re the noodles, check around at some of the bigger grocers as konjac/shirataki noodles are getting more popular. The ones I got are a canadian company and not available yet, apparently, in the US, but if you’re up here you can check the website to locate a store. That’s what I did. I will try your recipe as I have some curry and a couple of other Indian spices in the house. Really looking forward to eating again lol…more from a psychological than physical standpoint though.