Finding the right doctor

(Chasity Hedges) #1

Hey keto dudes! I wasnt sure of the best place to ask this question, but i was wondering if you had any advise about what to search when im looking for a doctor that is maybe keto friendly or maybe just a little more nutrional friendly and not so pill heavy. My husband and i have been keto since Christmas and would really like to find a doctor that is a little more interested in our health. Neither one of us have health issues but do keto for all the other health benefits and man…i have never felt better! Also we want to get all of our “markers” checked but im not exactly sure what to say to the doc to get that done. My last health physical i had the doc didnt even want to draw my blood bc i was 27 and " seem healthy". Sorry if this is not the right place to post this! Keto in my friends!!

Help finding a Medical Doctor that supports keto, please
(KCKO, KCFO) #2

Read this thread, several listings are in there. Hard to make a response when we don’t know where you are.

(Chasity Hedges) #3

@collaroygal sorry im new to forums and im not seeing the thread you are talking about. Im sorry i completely forgot to say that im from lexington KY.

(Roy D) #4

One approach to find info is to use the “search” function (the magnifying glass icon) in the upper right corner of the screen. Multiple threads have been posted on this subject, too many to repeat here. Try searching on “Keto Doctor”.

Posting the question as you have done is also a good idea to get info on specific recommendations.

Also, when I googled “lexington KY keto doctors” I noted the following;

https://www.healthprofs.com/us/nutritionists-dietitians/ketogenic-diet/kentucky

https://ketogenic.com/tools/keto-clinicians-finder/

(Chasity Hedges) #5

Ok thanks sorry about that ill see about deleting my post

(Roy D) #6

Chasity, from my viewpoint there is no need to delete your post. My intent was to let you know that there may be information of interest available to you in other threads on this board. I find that although I can recall that relevant information has been contained in other threads I am sometimes at a loss to locate those other threads and be able to reference therm in the current conversation. My viewpoint is that it is better to ask a question (even if it is repetitive) than not. The question may spur additional answers that have not as of yet been presented.

(Chasity Hedges) #7

Ok thanks! I found lots of helpful info!

(KCKO, KCFO) #8

Just click into the area that say Madeleine: that is the link to the conversation there are several listings with in that thread, along with some individuals being named.

Good luck on finding someone to work well with you.

(Jamie) #9

Chasity_Hedges,
Sorry to jump into this old post but I’m also from Lexington and I currently go to FPA but was thinking I probably should find a more knowledgeable doctor to my diet needs. Did you ever find one? I have considered asking if Ken Berry would be interested but have not gone that far yet.

I have heard Lexington Clinic has someone (Kim East) that is very Low Carb friendly. If you did find someone though I would be very interested as the Lex Clinic does not accept my insurance.

(Chasity Hedges) #10

Hi!! It is awesome to see someone else in lexington that does Keto!!! I did lots of research and found a doc at the Lexington clinic in nicholasville that i loved…i actually just had my 1st appointment and im waiting on my 1st bloodwork! Her name was dr perman. We didnt talk to mich about keto however when i brought it up ahe definitely did not say anything discouraging!