Finally found a detriment to keto

(Bob M) #1

The detriment: There’s an unlimited amount of energy, which can surpass your body (if you’re older, like me). I “ran” 30 minutes or so this morning, did a minor amount of body weight training, cleaned up the kitchen, had “blunch” (chaffel, pulled pork, mustard), then went and closed the pool. The latter is not a ton of work, but is constant movement.

When we were on vacation, I went boogie boarding, and went two days in a row, 6 hours each day, going most of the time. We then walked all over the town we were in. I was freaking exhausted, but never once had a point where I had no energy.

I think today will be the same: I’ll be tired tonight, but I’ll be able to go and go and go…

There’s my detriment: too much energy, not a young enough body to keep up with it.

(Joey) #2

Love it.

Some low-impact possibilities to consider: Take up juggling; buy a drumkit; find a Jack LaLanne DVD set in the discount bin; adopt a rescue puppy; and finally (at your own risk): Ask what’s left on the honey-do list.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #3

LOL. Now you’ve got no excuses to avoid “You did all that yesterday, what’s wrong with you today?”

(Scott) #4

I got up at 4:30, posted here while I got some coffee. Snuck out to the shop to make some sawdust before sunrise and worked till noon. Cut some grass in between. Your right no energy, waiting for the Clemson game to start now.

(Katie) #5

A week or so back, I got the idea that jumping jacks would be a good thing. I did 3 sets of 10 each. An hour later my knee hurt so bad I couldn’t move. I had forgot that I have a tear in the miscues. It had not hurt in such a long time. Probably not the best way to burn all the energy. Walking around town sounds much for sane to me.

(Will knit for bacon. ) #6

I know the feeling. I really want to get back into running, and I feel like I could run further and faster than I ever did, but the fact that these days I can hear my knees while climbing stairs makes me nervous.

(BuckRimfire) #7

My motto: You’re only as old as your titanium replacement joints feel.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

I’v been seeing and hearing this word, lately. How is this meal different from “brunch”?

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #9

Brunch is closer to breakfast and blunch is closer to lunch. Maybe?

(Marianne) #10

I can relate - I used to take a “nap” every single day. M-F, it would be for at least two hours after work and before dinner. On weekends, it could be 3-5 hours. I think a lot of it had to do with no motivation and depression (plus, I wasn’t physically able to do much). Didn’t want to go out in public, just wanted to stay home, sleep and check out.

I haven’t been able to take a nap since the day I started keto in Feb. I can relax and not do much, but I can’t actually sleep or nap. When I go to bed, I sleep all night and like a baby.

Love keto.

(Edith) #11

At our house we have “dunch” which is a late lunch (around 2pm) and “linner” which is early dinner (around 3:30 to 4:00 pm). :grinning: