Finally..finally my coffee consumption is one cup

(April Harkness) #1

Sugar is hard to quit? Coffee ranks up there as well!!! Maybe more so for me. . And in fact, I am pretty sure I could quit now but I do not want to. I like the ritual and the flavor, but I have reduced from a 4 day habit to just one cup and I am DONE. All due to one day of Dry fasting which I mentioned a few posts ago. Just like the first time I realized keto was making a profound change. Before the weight loss even. I experienced brain fog disappear. As if a veil had been lifted. No afternoon slump. What I thought was normal… WAS NOT. I was more aware, my senses were heightened. It was as if I was a superhero. Well, I am experiencing that now. With my caffeine consumption drastically reduced I am feeling this same sensation again. One cup satisfies me and I am getting the benefits of an altered sense of being. I am happier, calmer and I feel like a superhero again.

(Susan) #2

This is awesome, April =)). I am happy for you too! Congratulations =).

(John) #3

I only had one cup of coffee today, too! A Venti Starbucks dark roast, black. :slight_smile:

(April Harkness) #4

Well it is an nsv for me bc I have never gone without at least 2 to 3 cups for over 20 yrs

You are a superketo :wink:

(Karen) #6

I wonder if chicory is something you might enjoy. Too much coffee can make me feel very anxious so I always drink decaf, although there are other problems with just coffee anyway

(April Harkness) #7

nope… I don’t like chicory. i actually love the taste of coffee. and decaf? I’d rather just drink my one cup and be done!

(Trish) #8

I too am desperately trying to get off coffee but my reason is because of the damn splenda I use. Good on you for achieving your goal. :slight_smile:

(Karen) #9

Is Splenda spiking your BG? Have you tried Splenda zero?

(Trish) #10

I haven’t tested for if specifically but I just think I’d be better off without the potential toxin of artificial sweeteners.