Fellow carnivores,do you use seasoning?

(Elizabeth ) #21

Cheese is fine it’s Carnivore animal product) coffee is fine if you tolerate, just always have after a meal it can dull your appetite. And heavy cream only

(Nicole) #22

I call myself mostly carnivore because I include some spices (oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, chili, pepper, rosemary, etc) and I still use some stevia in my coffee or tea.

I think it can be helpful to go full carnivore, as an elimination diet, for some people at first. My semi-carnivore diet included some coconut cream and oil at first. I figured it was a fat so it was fine. Cutting it out did make a difference in about a month though. It makes me wonder if giving up coffee or stevia, or the occasional diet pepsi, wold also make more of a difference. I’m not a meat lover though so I keep these for some food enjoyment for the time being. lol :wink:

Go for it @shortnsassy422 . You might get to a good baseline and then can reintroduce some foods (if you wish) to better see what you can tolerate. :slight_smile:

(Cheyene Burnette) #23

I’m a heavy cream queen, :joy:.

I ate a lot of coconut oil in the beginning. After cutting it out I realized just how much it was upsetting my body.

(Omar) #25

It seems my body and coconut oil do not get along .

I came across few people who have the same problem.

(Nicole) #26

Dropping coconut oil was suggested to me by another carnivore too. I guess it isn’t unusual. Too bad though - I liked the taste. :wink:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #27

Me too! I’m not going to keep at it to build up a tolerance. A couple of times was all it took!

(Cathrine Helle) #28

Have you been migrain-free since going pure meat/water? That’s awesome! I’d reccomend checking out this video that I think sheds some light on the influence of salt/potassium on migraines. I need to watch it again myself, unfortunately the audio is NOT great. But the information is still valuable, I think :slight_smile:

(Neal) #29

They definitely reduced, but wasn’t 100% free from them. I was still triggering from bright lights and overexertion.

I actually listened to that podcast about a month ago and ended up purchasing her book. I highly recommended it. Since reading the entire book over the course of the week. I’m happy to report I’m migraine free. :grinning:

It seems my issue with salt is that I was consuming too much and throwing out my electrolyte balance.

(Cathrine Helle) #30

I need to get this book myself, so happy to hear you’re results with her protocol! I have not had a migrain since going ZC (6-8 weeks), I still use salt though. I think it’s a bit early to celebrate, but I’m hopeful :slight_smile:

(Char Bonin) #31

Why would you want to eat raw meat… That will kill you…

(Chris) #32

Uh huh…ok.

(Rosemary Easter) #33

I don’t eat raw meat but plenty of people do so obviously will not kill you.

(Alex ) #34

Not sure if this is still on trend with the original post - but I have 2 family members growing chillis - including reapers and ghosts - so I’ve been tentatively using some of that with my meat when I roast it, or occasionally putting a few flakes in with some home made broth!

Generally use a lot of garlic, chilli, paprika!

(Robert Marquez) #35

I would put garlic salt, cumin, paprika, pappys seasoning (red one) and pepper. BOMB.COM