Fell off the wagon after 3 months

I was doing OK, I dropped 16 pounds in 3 months, but I fell off the wagon (the last 3 weeks I did not drop any weight and got fed up) and in one week gained 6 pounds. I am finding it really difficult to get back on track and in the afternoons have huge cravings for sweets and carbs, which I have given into all week :disappointed:

Today I m trying to get back into keto and wondered if anyone has any tips for getting started again… I live in a remote place southern Chile and it is difficult to get hold of any keto products (keto strips, nice green veg, MCTs, electrolytes without glucose, etc.) So I was relying on a glucose meter (which I gave up on as my glucose levels way up on keto), and just eating plain, unprocessed foods (beef, chicken, cucumber, zucchini, cream, butter, etc.) NO sugar, flours or alcohol. I stuck to the macros although I didn’t mesure them. Maybe that is my problem?

I also felt really tired all the time on keto, slept loads. Going back to eating carbs at least I had energy. It is quite hard to get hold of electrolytes without glucose here. Maybe I will try and get 0 calorie Gatorade, has anyone else had problems of low energy and do the electrolytes work to get some energy?

all tips gratefully received!!

(TJ Borden) #2

6 pounds in one week is mostly water weight going back on. Just get back on the horse and it will drop back off pretty quick.

KCKO

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #3

You can try the ketoaide recipe from this site. That is what I use and a lot of other people. Way better for you than powerade zero.