Feels so good to be back! Helps with stress

(Jill F.) #1

I had a frustrating and crappy day. My step daughter is not doing well and we had one of those family dinners with real talks that led to all of us crying.

Lots of worry and anxiety by the heaps…but I am 10 days back on keto and you know what? I didn’t immediately go into I want carbs/sugar mode to deal with the stress. That feels amazing! And I noticed I had a pep in my step today too, more energy than I have had in a while! KCKO

(Laurie) #2

The silver lining!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

That is a great non-scale victory, right there! Congratulations :+1:

(Marianne) #4

So glad for you! Life goes on whether I am on keto or not. If I’m not, it just make me feel worse about myself and the situation at hand.

Hugs!

(Bob M) #5

Nice NSV. May you keep calm.

8 years ago, when I was going through the process of buying our current house, I got so stressed because of that and other things that I ended up with heart failure.

This time (refinancing to get 1.875%), I’m much more mentally stable and much less stressed – Even though the process is only slightly less insane.

Now, if only I could win the lottery to take the pressure off of the costs that we’re being given to replace our very old AC units and furnace, that might help. :wink:

(Robin) #6

Daughters and tears, imagine that! LOL. I know it isn’t funny at the time, but all of us moms have been there. How wonderful that you NOTICED you didn’t automatically reach for carbs to cope. Yes, our general feeling of well-being impacts every part of our lives. Good for you!

(Jill F.) #7

Oh it was better than that, hubby and I cried too. We all cried, it was a moment for sure. So happy with this non scale victory for sure!