Feeling so good!

(Jennifer M Palacios) #1

I am completing my second month on Keto and I can’t even stress how much better I feel and look. I sleep so much better and wake up in such a positive mood. Pre-Keto, I woke up feeling so tired no matter how long I slept and my early morning mood was terrible. I used to have little breakouts all over my face. It was like I would get one breakout clear and another one was starting. Now, it’s been at least 3 weeks with no breakouts and my skin looks great. This morning I am wearing my size 10’s comfortably (from a tight size 12) and I almost can’t believe it.
I have to say, the first month and a half was rough for me. I just couldn’t get the hang of the whole macros thing. I couldn’t figure out what type of exercising to do. I was just all over the place. Now I eat my three meals and maybe one snack a day but make sure to track everything and stay below the 20 net carbs. It has gotten so much easier and I have learned that patience is key!!
Now, I still have only lost about 5-6 pounds since I started my journey but I am not complaining. Just yesterday I received my first compliment from a co-worker. She said I was looking thinner! I will take it. :smiley:
I have to say that the support and advice I get on here is so appreciated. You guys make this whole journey a little easier. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart! :heart:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Congratulations! I’m glad you are feeling so much better.

As far as weight loss is concerned, keep track of the fit of your clothing as well. After a year and a half on keto, I was able to wear trousers that I couldn’t even get into, twelve months earlier. My weight was stable over that twelve-month period, but my waistline (and butt) got smaller.

Wonderful post and so happy you are doing so well…and to think, hold plan as you are and only better benefits to your health are coming your way! :raised_hands:

(Jennifer M Palacios) #4

Yes! That is what I am looking forward to…wearing my smaller clothes that have been hanging in my closet for a long time.

(Jennifer M Palacios) #5

Thank you, Fangs!

(Niqi ) #6

This sounds just like me!:blush:
… but my sleep is still off … last night I dreamt of huge legs of lamb and slabs of Meat and chicken lying around my house … :pleading_face: maybe it’s time to look at my protein consumption?? Lol such vivid dreams!
Well done I look forward to reading more of your posts as your progress spurs mine on, that’s why this forum is so great. We lift each other!

(Jennifer M Palacios) #7

Yes, the support here is amazing!

I have had very vivid dreams too, now that you mention it.

(Joey) #8

@JPalacios Congratulations! Feeling better is the ultimate treasure, isn’t it?

You’re off to such a wonderful start. In addition to the likelihood of shedding additional body fat, the exercise you’re doing will also slowly produce more muscle mass (which may temper your total weight loss, even though you’ll look and feel even better still).

If you’re not already doing so, consider getting a few body measurements with a tape measure - especially the mid section.

I marveled at the fact that after a matter of months my waist slimmed down 4-5" (and has stayed there ever since). But other measurements (arms, legs) have increased due to more muscular. Total body weight tells you how much the earth is tugging on you (i.e., gravity), but doesn’t tell you anything about what the earth is actually tugging upon.

Keep up your fantastic journey and keep us posted! :vulcan_salute:

(Robin) #9

Woo hoo! Fast results with how you feel and look are the best! My weight loss has slowed a bit, just steadier now. But my clothes continue to fit better and I feel lighter (physically and mentally). Crazy? Crazy good!

(Robin) #10

Love the gravity analogy. I’m keeping that one.

(UsedToBeT2D) #11

Congrats. Patience and perseverance will be rewarded.

(Jennifer M Palacios) #12

Yes! I measure about every 15 days and I am glad I do. Seeing the inches melt away helps motivate myself to stay on track. :grinning:

(Jennifer M Palacios) #13

I love the “lighter” feeling I have too!

(Tracy) #14

Congrats! You kept trucking during that rough period of carb withdrawal. It took me a good 2 months of racing thoughts of how much longer I could keep it up. Every day I’d say, “I can’t believe I actually made it through another day.” Then you get to a point where your eating choices are second nature. You will also get to a point where you won’t have to track your food, you’ll just know what to eat. Don’t feel bad about dropping the calculator. We all do it.

(Marianne) #15

I am so happy for you! Keto has been a Godsend.

(Matt) #16

Congratulations! Same experience here… I’ve been on Keto since 6/30 and I’m dropping weight 3X faster than normal dieting, I’m not suffering from hunger, and I feel fantastic!

(Jennifer M Palacios) #17

Most definitely! My weight loss has been slow but I am dropping inches faster than any other diet I have tried…and I am definitely not complaining. :grinning: